Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie Fountain on RF Powerboats: “This is no time to put millions into tooling." (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/263492-reggie-fountain-rf-powerboats-%93-no-time-put-millions-into-tooling.html)

Mariah212Z 10-05-2011 08:27 PM

Can't we all get along?

Originally Posted by HaulinGas (Post 3520675)
This sounds like a "SpeedWaste" comment.....

http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/donkey1.gif

Guys, don't take it so seriously. Its called performance boating. Check the threads on this site you will see a wide range of speed numbers.

:party-smiley-020:

breakitout 10-06-2011 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z (Post 3520051)
It's true, I have a wanabe Mariah. However, I have outrun several stock powered 27' Fountains (454 Mags, 502s) with my slow Mariah.:drink:

355 Mild Buit
Vortec Heads, Roller Cam, Forged Internals, Air Gap Intake, Alpha One Drive:eek:,Stock Weber 4B:eek:,GLM Budget Exhaust:eek:,Mild CC 270HR XM cam:eek:
Crane Ignition, Laser II 21",
64MPH @ 5100rpm

They all have surprised looks. Don't go by the speedo "DreamOMeter"

Did not answer my original question??:drink:

Thanks

:grinser010: Little defensive? Notice I said "Stock Mariah" in my post. Any idiot can make anything go fast. A Pontiac sunfire can be made to go faster then a Porsche 911 if you are stupid and have $ to burn. Does not mean it is a sports car or meant for that purpose.
All 27 Fountains in stock form should will run faster then 64 if it is propped correctly, not a tired engine, etc. (With the exception of that one that came with the Volvo setup that was just for sale). Even your "custom" powered Mariah can't beat a Properly set-up stock 27 :lolhit:. Maybe those 27s weren't up for racing a bowrider. Im sure there have been Jetski riders who thought they could beat me when I am cruising at 50% throttle. I run mine WFO when I choose to. Enjoy your Chapparel/Mariah whatever it is.

breakitout 10-06-2011 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by articfriends (Post 3520615)
I'm not a Fountain fan or a Mariah hater but a Friend of mine has a 27 fountain with the 496 ho and it breaks 70 most days of the week with no mods so you raced some slow 27's as the 496 was no faster that I have ever seen than a 502, Smitty

+1 on the 'slow' 27's. Throw an incorrect prop on the 27 and its easy to lose 5+ MPH and maybe the owner could care less about that top speed or is not aware that they are running too large of a prop.

PhantomChaos 10-06-2011 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by breakitout (Post 3520835)
:grinser010: Little defensive? Notice I said "Stock Mariah" in my post. Any idiot can make anything go fast. A Pontiac sunfire can be made to go faster then a Porsche 911 if you are stupid and have $ to burn. Does not mean it is a sports car or meant for that purpose.
All 27 Fountains in stock form should will run faster then 64 if it is propped correctly, not a tired engine, etc. (With the exception of that one that came with the Volvo setup that was just for sale). Even your "custom" powered Mariah can't beat a Properly set-up stock 27 :lolhit:. Maybe those 27s weren't up for racing a bowrider. Im sure there have been Jetski riders who thought they could beat me when I am cruising at 50% throttle. I run mine WFO when I choose to. Enjoy your Chapparel/Mariah whatever it is.

LOL......your 27 Fountian is what.....a foot longer than his Mariah 212? :drink::drink::drink:

flying J 10-06-2011 02:29 AM

Well....maybe we can get the Mariah to RF powerboats to add a beak and lightning bolts or something. :coolcowboy:

breakitout 10-06-2011 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3520841)
LOL......your 27 Fountian is what.....a foot longer than his Mariah 212? :drink::drink::drink:

No clue and don't care.. my Fountain is faster then 64 and that I do know :angry-smiley-038::boat:

breakitout 10-06-2011 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by flying J (Post 3520851)
Well....maybe we can get the Mariah to RF powerboats to add a beak and lightning bolts or something. :coolcowboy:

Maybe you could send your boat to RF to make it fasterrr.. oh wait. What boat? :party-smiley-004::drink:

Mariah212Z 10-06-2011 05:47 AM

There will always be "Sleeper" boats

You all know of that "Sleeper" boat that you try to avoid.

The Cobalt with the Procharger, the Sea Ray with the Whipple, the Crownline with the Stroker motor etc..........

It's called Hot Rodding on the water.:)

So what do you all "wannabe"

There needs to be a new section called the "Sandbox Crew"

29 sst 10-06-2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by lightning jet (Post 3520666)
A freind of mine has a 27/24 Fountain 496 ho that runs 60's so when we want to run fast we run the cat lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNb-hG4ZH6o I told Erin to give me a tap on the sholder if he was scared ha ha

*****!!!!!

Not u, the rider