Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie Fountain on RF Powerboats: “This is no time to put millions into tooling." >

Reggie Fountain on RF Powerboats: “This is no time to put millions into tooling."

Notices

Reggie Fountain on RF Powerboats: “This is no time to put millions into tooling."

Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Excuses Excuses

Originally Posted by breakitout
Little defensive? Notice I said "Stock Mariah" in my post. Any idiot can make anything go fast. A Pontiac sunfire can be made to go faster then a Porsche 911 if you are stupid and have $ to burn. Does not mean it is a sports car or meant for that purpose.
All 27 Fountains in stock form should will run faster then 64 if it is propped correctly, not a tired engine, etc. (With the exception of that one that came with the Volvo setup that was just for sale). Even your "custom" powered Mariah can't beat a Properly set-up stock 27 . Maybe those 27s weren't up for racing a bowrider. Im sure there have been Jetski riders who thought they could beat me when I am cruising at 50% throttle. I run mine WFO when I choose to. Enjoy your Chapparel/Mariah whatever it is.
Excuses Excuses. You guys (Breakitout) always have excuses whether it's to much fuel on board or hitting the rev limiter or oh it's just not running right or to many people on board or not the correct prop or your breaking in the motor.

However, there are many Fountain, Hallett, Powerquest, Scarabs owners that will give you credit on a good run. These are the true performance boaters just having a good time.

Last edited by Mariah212Z; 10-06-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
Whatever is worse than worst is what that name is.
its like "Prince" when the legal dust settles he will get his old name back.....
Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
is his cat going to be faster then his v?
Yup the "V" killer
Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
140+V-Hull and very few cats break the 200 mark let alone 150??
Plenty of CATS do 180- 200MPH! There are more Cats that do 150MPH or more then Fountains that go 100MPH or more!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z
Excuses Excuses. You guys (Breakitout) always have excuses whether it's to much fuel on board or hitting the rev limiter or oh it's just not running right or to many people on board or not the correct prop or your breaking in the motor.

However, there are many Fountain, Hallett, Powerquest, Scarabs owners that will give you credit on a good run. These are the true performance boaters just having a good time.
hows this for an excuse my jet-ski will smoke your boat in a race, top speed and acceleration! I dont even need to fire up the big Fountain to do that
A boat needs to be setup properly if you want to 'race' it against another one and have a fair shot of running at its maximum capability. Only an idiot can't understand that.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by breakitout
hows this for an excuse my jet-ski will smoke your boat in a race, top speed and acceleration! I dont even need to fire up the big Fountain to do that
A boat needs to be setup properly if you want to 'race' it against another one and have a fair shot of running at its maximum capability. Only an idiot can't understand that.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:24 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

More power to them, hope they can build a bad ass cat.. Not sure why it is always the big BS about the V's beating the cats.. You drive a V, you fly a cat.. Common sense will tell you what should go faster with the same power :/ As far as the guy with the hoped up Mariah if you are only running that blazing 64mph you prob beat a old wore the hell out 198x beak..

John jr
Old 10-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
More power to them, hope they can build a bad ass cat.. Not sure why it is always the big BS about the V's beating the cats.. You drive a V, you fly a cat.. Common sense will tell you what should go faster with the same power :/ As far as the guy with the hoped up Mariah if you are only running that blazing 64mph you prob beat a old wore the hell out 198x beak..

John jr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.