Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run Magazine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/263611-poker-run-magazine.html)

88242LS 10-06-2011 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3521511)
Wrong magazine bud.....he said Poker Run Magazine. :drink::drink::drink::bigbird:

ooops sorry just was in a hurry and thought it was

Skullkrusher 10-07-2011 05:55 AM

Anyone else notice that a lot of companies doing poorly right now blame the economy instead of considering that years of crappy customer service have finally caught up to them.

Catastrophe 10-07-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher (Post 3521778)
Anyone else notice that a lot of companies doing poorly right now blame the economy instead of considering that years of crappy customer service have finally caught up to them.

That may be a partial answer . But in the case of the magazine you are discussing here ,I think not.

I have received this mag for many many years without a glitch.
I remember when every builder had multi ads inside.
Fountain at one point had at least 4 full page ads and more than 6 more minor spots in the issues.

When you take that away overnite it hurts.

I'd stick with the chitty economy as the main reason. That alone is enough to make good things turn cruddy.

fountainfan42 10-07-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3521621)
Just got mine in fed-x the other day!

packaged nicely in a floral arrangement:lolhit::party-smiley-004:

Quinlan 10-07-2011 09:35 AM

Got mine yesterday. Maybe the mailman had it for a while

sea2jet 10-07-2011 09:54 AM

I just got a reply today. Their sending out a copy of the magazine. Looks like this thread really helped out.

Skullkrusher 10-07-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3521800)
That may be a partial answer . But in the case of the magazine you are discussing here ,I think not.

I have received this mag for many many years without a glitch.
I remember when every builder had multi ads inside.
Fountain at one point had at least 4 full page ads and more than 6 more minor spots in the issues.

When you take that away overnite it hurts.

I'd stick with the chitty economy as the main reason. That alone is enough to make good things turn cruddy.

Got to disagree with you on this one. Read the original post again:
"I renewed my subscription back in June of this year (2011) the check was also cashed in June. I have never received a magazine. I have emailed them several times with no return answer. What is the normal turn time on getting a magazine? And has anyone else had this problem?"

They took his money, didn't deliver product and didn't respond to multiple e-mails. This is the very definition of poor customer service. How long would it take to send an e-mail that says "We're sorry and we'll look into it and get back to you"?

502ss 10-07-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by frankenstein (Post 3521602)
IMO, Pokerruns America was the best magazine out there. It just seemed more personal. Unfortunately they are gone- if they're not, they have some explaining to do. I believe my subscription runs out in late 2012 or early 2013, and I haven't gotten anything in about a year. I'm tired of sitting by the mailbox LOL

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/index.html

J-Bonz 10-07-2011 09:19 PM

Hopefully my Dad will get his Birthday give I ordered in early spring... Might have to call on the DVD he still didnt get.... Hopefully it can get straightened out.. It is a great mag!

frankenstein 10-09-2011 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by 502ss (Post 3522418)

Very nice, and I wish them well, but I don't understand why you sent me the link. I didn't see anything that said "click" here and we will settle up. Don't get me wrong. I will absolutely subscribe if I ever see them pick themselves off of the ground, I just need to see it first. As far as whoever said before about customer service and/or lack there of, you nailed it bro. A couple of years ago, many people in the marine service industry made you think that you had to kiss their ass to get anywhere. I'm not talking about you millionaire guys that snap your fingers, I'm talking about us normal guys that couldn't even get an answer. " If you want to drop off your boat, we'll take a look at it when we get a chance". That's the lack of customer service that doesn't go well, and businesses that treat people like that, oh well , bye, bye. No sympathy from my end