American Marine Holdings: “Shut down production for a couple of weeks.”

Notices

American Marine Holdings: “Shut down production for a couple of weeks.”

Old 10-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default American Marine Holdings: “Shut down production for a couple of weeks.”

The latest, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-of-weeks.html.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I've been to the Fountain factory in Washington, NC many times. Apparently they've installed a new revolving door since my last visit.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like this damaged economy of ours is trying its best to put most of the performance boat manufacturers out of business! I just hope that consumer confidence, jobs creation and consumer disposable income spending can put this boat building industry back on its feet soon!
Its a good thing we at Raylar are in the repower , upgrade and performance engine rework business as we are just about to put the close on a record third year of sales and profits for our efforts. Glad our business niche in this market has not been based on supplying engines to new boat builders! We would be gone!
Lets hope this boat building industry can be revived, the patient is on life support and being kept alive with intensive care!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

why would you keep Baja and get rid of Donzi & Fountain???? doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
why would you keep Baja and get rid of Donzi & Fountain???? doesn't make any sense.
Easy. I'd guess because they fall into a pricing category that is more likely to sell in an economy like this.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very simple, if it doesn't make sense, it's what you do.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankenstein
Very simple, if it doesn't make sense, it's what you do.
Depends on your perspective. If you look at this from a Brand perspective you're right it makes no sense. If you look at it from an economic perspective as buck did it makes perfect sense.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Looks like this damaged economy of ours is trying its best to put most of the performance boat manufacturers out of business! I just hope that consumer confidence, jobs creation and consumer disposable income spending can put this boat building industry back on its feet soon!
Its a good thing we at Raylar are in the repower , upgrade and performance engine rework business as we are just about to put the close on a record third year of sales and profits for our efforts. Glad our business niche in this market has not been based on supplying engines to new boat builders! We would be gone!
Lets hope this boat building industry can be revived, the patient is on life support and being kept alive with intensive care!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
That's the problem, there never was disposable income. It was all bought on credit by using the home's equity as the ATM machine. This economy is going to take a long time to recover and it's all due to leaving the interest rate to low for to long which devalued the dollar and lost purchasing power. IMO
Old 10-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Hmmmm

Maybe because they are only a management company for Donzi & Proline and never owned those brands and because Fountain is still a "Bankrupt" company.

Does this mean that Oxford Group will get it back now?

Service most likely open to finish up service jobs that are currently there because most of the staff is gone.

Lots of unknowns who the bank will put in there to run it but I am sure the truth will slowly get out.

Sure would be great to get all the old Fountain crew back (dealers and staff) together and sell what we all could with what we have in this economy.

If you read the court docs or research this investment group it appears they have done this type of thing before and fit into the "corporate raider" mold.

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 10-09-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man to me it sounds like the end. As a customer there is no way I would purchase one of these boats if I had any idea about the history and what is going on. I would be to worried about the risk of no warrantee. Would hate to see all these brand names go bye.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.