Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sebastian to Fort Pierce next weekend?? >

Sebastian to Fort Pierce next weekend??

Notices

Sebastian to Fort Pierce next weekend??

Old 10-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,774 Likes on 698 Posts

Dean, I understand. I'm lucky that my boss is off this weekend annnndd, thinks it's a good idea.

Bobby, will do. Almost always a spur of the moment thing and know w/you having a family it's probably tuff to get away.

Mark, no I haven't heard of that one. They did just build a very nice, new one just north of town that may be it.
You'll love the state park. Only draw back is your 10 mls from anything.
There are RV parks all over town too but I don't know anything about them.
There's one a 1 mile from my house (Wabasso) but don't know about ramp/water acces.
The owners of the tiki bar are friends of ours and I'm sure would let you keep the boat at their docks while you're here if you wanted then you could put the RV in the back yard.
Mile and a half as a crow flies
Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Not bringing the rv. Sleeping on the boat but thanks. is the tiki bar dog friendly?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Default Staying on the boat????????

Originally Posted by Underdog88
Not bringing the rv. Sleeping on the boat but thanks. is the tiki bar dog friendly?
You must be from Ohio! My friends down here all think I'm nuts when we do it.
And yes, the bar is dog friendly.
If you want to do that, (I'll verify before you come but they have offered to us many times) you could dunk the boat then drag the trailer to our place to drop it and park your car/truck back at the bar so you'd you'd have wheels while there.
Heck, you do that, we may do the same thing. We've been wanting to break it in there anyhow and this would give us a reason.
New bar owners are boaters and trying to attract more boats to their place as well.
Killer Italian/pizza restaurant 50' away. Breakfast places 2 blocks.
We have a harbor at the end of our street but is very skinny water.

These guys will be at Suzi's Sat night. We've seen them before and they burned the place down!
http://www.gatorblues.com/

If you stay through Sunday, this place is a 5 min walk from Suzy's and also on the river. Best live blues (free) you'll ever see.

http://www.earlshideaway.com/

Another 5 mins (on foot) and also on the water w/docks.

http://www.hirams.com/

Ditto on all including distance.
http://www.squidlipsgrill.com/restaurant/Locations.aspx

2 mins opposite direction. On water w/docks.

http://www.mulligansrestaurant.net/index.php/seb

You can hit all these places by boat w/o ever getting on plane.

Theres half a dozen barren islands within 500 yds of all these places w/sand beaches and deep enough water to anchor off and wade to shore.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 10-11-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Drives adjusted yesterday, pulled fuel filters and ordered water pumps today along with cleaing up the leading edges and polishing the props, gear lube tomorrow, and maybe an oil change by the weekend. (Oil looked clean today though) Maybe even enough time to wash her down...

We'll be over there first thing on Saturday, and will be putting in at the public ramp down the street from Hirams...

We will be "kidless" (well unless you count Big D) and we'll have a total of 5 on the boat.

See y'all soon!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Registered

From this mornings paper:

Friday - H=85 L=64 10% chance of rain.
Saturday - H=85 L=67 20% chance of rain.
Sunday H=83 L=71 25% chance of rain.

Cool evenings and w/our cool on shore breezes will be perfect sleeping on the boat weather.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered

Perfect

>You must be from Ohio! My friends down here all think I'm nuts when we do it.
We hardly go out unless it's a 2dayer

>And yes, the bar is dog friendly.
Big Plus!

>dunk the boat then drag the trailer...
Don't need no stinking wheels. Planned to just leave them at the ramp. Bad idea?

>We have a harbor at the end of our street but is very skinny water.
Buckeye Lake skinny or worse? One of my hold ups is flushing the Peace River bottom out to get my water flowing again. Low tide docking last Friday night...

The ramp I'm looking at is just above the airport. 3 miles down the lower fork of the seb river. We can sleep anywhere.
The spoil island #48 supposed to have docks and primitave camping too. Were you talking sleeping at the bar docks? That'd be awsome and just like home!

Call or email when you get a chance. We will be over Friday thru Saturday evening. Supposed to open the park here Sunday am but will look into a trade for that if we need to stay Sat night.

(Called local NAPA w/impeller part numbers... "5-7 days from Ilinoise prepaid" ?? WTF I get them next day in Ohio from Columbus. This is Florida...)

Last edited by Underdog88; 10-12-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Registered

Default Yep.

Perfect

>You must be from Ohio! My friends down here all think I'm nuts when we do it.
We hardly go out unless it's a 2dayer

>And yes, the bar is dog friendly.
Big Plus!

>dunk the boat then drag the trailer...
Don't need no stinking wheels. Planned to just leave them at the ramp. Bad idea?
Nope, thats fine.

>We have a harbor at the end of our street but is very skinny water.
Buckeye Lake skinny or worse? One of my hold ups is flushing the Peace River bottom out to get my water flowing again. Low tide docking last Friday night...
Worse. I haven't even tried getting the Sonic back here yet. High tide maybe. Low, no way.
The ramp I'm looking at is just above the airport. 3 miles down the lower fork of the seb river.
That's the new one. Go to the Sebastian Yacht Club ramp right in the middle of town. Basically intersection of Rt. 512 and US 1, but keep going one more block west until you hit water (the river) turn north/left 1 block and you're there.
We can sleep anywhere.
The spoil island #48 supposed to have docks and primitave camping too. Were you talking sleeping at the bar docks? That'd be awsome and just like home!
Bar docks. was going to be good but guess I'll have to drag the Mrs out for beers tonight to verify plans. That gives you restrooms and a place to walk the dog. spoil islands are a hoot and could happen just as easy.

Call or email when you get a chance. We will be over Friday thru Saturday evening. Supposed to open the park here Sunday am but will look into a trade for that if we need to stay Sat night.
I see you guys staying through first of week. Just sayin...

(Called local NAPA w/impeller part numbers... "5-7 days from Ilinoise prepaid" ?? WTF I get them next day in Ohio from Columbus. This is Florida...)
Find a West Marine on the way. They'll have them in stock. Also, I do not have your #. Did you get mine in the e I sent you??
I have air and a full shop here too if you want to use it. Come early and do your maintenance here if you want.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Default too drunk to type but....

Were you talking sleeping at the bar docks? That'd be awsome and just like home!)
you're in.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
you're in.
We'll be walking distance from the bars...I'll be pulling the boat, but we will be at the bars with y'all...

Gear lube changed tonight, and fuel filters on. Tomorrow night will be impellers...

Mark, if you need impellers, go to Offshore Performance in Ft. Myers. They should have them in stock and they've got great prices.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
you're in.
Sounds like a blast! No email yet Gary. underdogracing a yahoo

Ziem: looking forward to seeing our evil twin. I don't really need impellers, I just wanted them. The ones I have look pretty good as with my spares. Not worth the drive to FMyers.
werking on the boat all day today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.