If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 44' Magic Cat

My Boats:
    Cape Coral FL
    Sorry the pic did not upload, I'll try again

My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Having a cat ,and having been on alot of different cat's including skaters that are too fast for there own good, I think theres a definite market for a big pleasure cat for those people that want all the goodies, speeds better than a v, and lot of room to have fun on, but not so fast it's a risk to ride on. I personally see no sane reason to want a boat that does much over 100mph, 100 is good, but these 140-170 mph boats are just not right. Dont get me wrong, I love them, and to have the ability to run them that fast is great, but I wouldnt run that fast, risk vs return just isnt worth it to me. Therefor give me something built like a tank so it isn't in need of repair often like lightweight cats, handles the rough good, is faster than almost any v-hull I'll see on an average day out pleasure boating, a huge cockpit, and all the ammenities. I'm sure with some test and tuneing of x-dims, bottom, layup and hull weight, it will pick up the speeds anyway, but The big cats are great, that's why I like the big ocean express cats. Everything you need. You'll always have someone faster anyway, and I dont have the need to stroke my ego with a boat's speed, I just need enough to make me smile...

My Boats:
    '97 Scarb Thunder, '06 Formula 330ss for sale
    Tulsa, OK, Grand, Beaver, LOTO

careful with setup

Not to be a downer- all that weight + mega wetted surface area = asking a lot of the drives. Nothing less than 6's, bmaxes or arnesons will live- even with 375 496's. Good luck and happy boating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12