Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tony Sarandes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/263780-tony-sarandes.html)

fountainracing 10-09-2011 06:55 PM

Tony Sarandes

Hi Folks,
It is with sad regards that I need to inform the boating community of the passing of a true friend of power boating, Tony Sarandes. Tony was a loyal attendee to Bill Taylor's Poker Run America events as well as a loyal sponsor with many years of active involvement to Offshore Racing. As a sponsor for both Cigarette and Fountain Powerboats, Tony brought his Rio Roses company to attend each race for a dozen seasons. We were always the most popular boat at any parade during a racing weekend as Tony brought thousands of fresh roses to pass out to all the ladies along the parade route. Tony was a great friend and loyal partner not only for his race teams but also the company behind the team. Tony served as a loyal Board of Director for Fountain Powerboats and friend to all that enjoyed their offshore boat, no matter their manufacturer affiliation. The offshore boating community has truly lost a wonderful contributor to the sport. Please join me in remembering a great man and loyal friend.............DK

dykstra 10-09-2011 06:58 PM

RIP Tony. Godspeed.

AB From Windsor 10-09-2011 10:01 PM

I remember the Rio Roses Fountain race boat and they were always the one that everybody tried to beat. Great Race Team and great sponsor. Thank you for the memories. RIP Tony Sarandes.

Mr Gadgets 10-10-2011 05:47 AM

May he rest in peace, thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Fast 1 10-10-2011 09:11 AM

It was an honor for me to be part of the Rio Roses team with Tony. It was always great to see Tony laughing, despite his condition, and I'm pretty sure we provided some much needed humor in his life. His passion for the sport and his love of people will truly be missed. RIP my friend.
Alan Riehl

Rice Hauler 10-10-2011 09:16 AM

Sarandes a Class Act.....

I met Mr. Sarandes as a Sponsor on the 46 Cigarette Rio Roses. Even though he was the "title" Sponsor and we were at best a PudKnocker in our associate sponsor role. He was always Gracious and Welcoming. If there was a man who defined "Gentleman Racer" to me it was Mr. Sarandes. He made it a great experience for me and the others on the team and I say R.I.P. and God Speed.
Best,
Robert Shin
a.k.a. Rice Hauler

Hauling Trash 10-10-2011 10:02 AM

It was a honor for myself to be part of the Rio Roses Fountain team with Tony, He was more then a sponsor to us, he was in the pits ever day all day long to help us with the boat. He will be miss. God speed Tony
Mike

Tom A. 10-10-2011 10:32 AM

Godspeed Tony.

SHOCKWAVE 10-10-2011 11:25 AM

I was extremely saddened to hear of Tony's passing this morning.
His gentle, most giving manner will be sorely missed by the crew of our Rio Roses Fountain as well as many other people he touched during his life.

Even though I'm not actively racing, my boat will always carry the Rio Rose logos on it.

Rest in peace, Tony

Rich Troppoli

TeamShogren.com 10-10-2011 12:59 PM

Rip

Without question, one of the nicest, most professional people I have ever met in the industry.

He will be missed.

Scott Shogren

www.teamshogren.com