Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat Magazine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/263804-powerboat-magazine.html)

ItsPeanut 12-19-2011 10:55 PM

I agree with you Baja. Support the magazine, spend the 20 bucks and it will eventually get back to where it was. I think its more comfortable to wipe with toilet paper though.

On Time 12-20-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 32Envision (Post 3574731)
I just got a notice in the mail about a week ago for a buy one subscription, get one free. I signed up my friend for a free subscription and it was only $28 or so for the year. Hope it wasn't a scam.

I did too. I challenge all of us to spend the $20 to renew and give a gift subscription to help out our sport.

richanton 12-20-2011 08:18 PM

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is paying for something and getting nothing in return gets old, no matter what the $$ amount is. I've already been there, done that with Hot Boat and Extreme Boats. It is not up to me or any other customers to finance a new business. Get the proper financing in order, put out a quality product for a long enough period of time to give customers some confidence and eventually your customer base will grow to where it needs to be. Then you pay back your financiers. That is how you open a new business.

I really hope Powerboat makes it, I wish more performance boat mags were available, but with all of their recent "we're open, we're closed, we're open, we're closed" talk lately, I'll be buying Powerboat at the news stands for a little while.

bajaholic 12-20-2011 09:54 PM

Not busting any balls, but who's financing? Your in a dream world if you think there is anyone supporting any new business ventures. And on top of that many of the people that had money have been been hanging on for the last 3 years and their nest eggs are dwindling or have been depleted.

We have all made huge adjustments to survive in the boating world. Somewhere along the line, you have to accept and support those that are trying to make it and move forward or it will be gone.

I understand looking at where you put your money it only makes sense. But look around, who is doing what for the Performance boating market, we need the visionaries.

Fenderjack 12-20-2011 10:05 PM

Well I have been getting the Mag since the 70's It was good and bad over the years but always helped the sport .BUT it has kept people interested in the power boat world.***** if you want but it is a good thing support it ,or get out and don't *****. I don't like the newspaper SO I DON'T GET IT.MY 2 cents JOHN SR 65 and still can read!!!!MORE PEOPLE NEED TO SUPPORT THERE SPORT

frankenstein 12-20-2011 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by richanton (Post 3575803)
That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is paying for something and getting nothing in return gets old, no matter what the $$ amount is. I've already been there, done that with Hot Boat and Extreme Boats. It is not up to me or any other customers to finance a new business. Get the proper financing in order, put out a quality product for a long enough period of time to give customers some confidence and eventually your customer base will grow to where it needs to be. Then you pay back your financiers. That is how you open a new business.

I really hope Powerboat makes it, I wish more performance boat mags were available, but with all of their recent "we're open, we're closed, we're open, we're closed" talk lately, I'll be buying Powerboat at the news stands for a little while.

I'm with you. I would pay way more than $20 if I knew it was going to happen. Let's face it, Powerboat is not "still" around, they have come back around. $20 is nothing, but I'm getting tired of everybody with a hand putting it in my pocket. I wish that if my business wasn't doing so well everybody would send me $20. ( Oh yea, you forgot about Pokerruns America magazine, another one that didn't own up to their obligation )

thisistank 12-21-2011 02:32 PM

Very much appreciate all the support for PBM but once again big business has killed a dream. Don't send in your subscriptions. Matt Trulio will have a full news article soon.

Quinlan 12-21-2011 04:53 PM

That suks Azz

cdail28590 12-22-2011 01:59 PM

I guess I need to cancel my check for my subscription or will they return all the money to the people that paid?