Notices

Powerboat Magazine

Old 12-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you Baja. Support the magazine, spend the 20 bucks and it will eventually get back to where it was. I think its more comfortable to wipe with toilet paper though.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 32Envision
I just got a notice in the mail about a week ago for a buy one subscription, get one free. I signed up my friend for a free subscription and it was only $28 or so for the year. Hope it wasn't a scam.
I did too. I challenge all of us to spend the $20 to renew and give a gift subscription to help out our sport.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is paying for something and getting nothing in return gets old, no matter what the $$ amount is. I've already been there, done that with Hot Boat and Extreme Boats. It is not up to me or any other customers to finance a new business. Get the proper financing in order, put out a quality product for a long enough period of time to give customers some confidence and eventually your customer base will grow to where it needs to be. Then you pay back your financiers. That is how you open a new business.

I really hope Powerboat makes it, I wish more performance boat mags were available, but with all of their recent "we're open, we're closed, we're open, we're closed" talk lately, I'll be buying Powerboat at the news stands for a little while.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Not busting any balls, but who's financing? Your in a dream world if you think there is anyone supporting any new business ventures. And on top of that many of the people that had money have been been hanging on for the last 3 years and their nest eggs are dwindling or have been depleted.

We have all made huge adjustments to survive in the boating world. Somewhere along the line, you have to accept and support those that are trying to make it and move forward or it will be gone.

I understand looking at where you put your money it only makes sense. But look around, who is doing what for the Performance boating market, we need the visionaries.

Last edited by bajaholic; 12-20-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Well I have been getting the Mag since the 70's It was good and bad over the years but always helped the sport .BUT it has kept people interested in the power boat world.***** if you want but it is a good thing support it ,or get out and don't *****. I don't like the newspaper SO I DON'T GET IT.MY 2 cents JOHN SR 65 and still can read!!!!MORE PEOPLE NEED TO SUPPORT THERE SPORT
Old 12-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by richanton
That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is paying for something and getting nothing in return gets old, no matter what the $$ amount is. I've already been there, done that with Hot Boat and Extreme Boats. It is not up to me or any other customers to finance a new business. Get the proper financing in order, put out a quality product for a long enough period of time to give customers some confidence and eventually your customer base will grow to where it needs to be. Then you pay back your financiers. That is how you open a new business.

I really hope Powerboat makes it, I wish more performance boat mags were available, but with all of their recent "we're open, we're closed, we're open, we're closed" talk lately, I'll be buying Powerboat at the news stands for a little while.
I'm with you. I would pay way more than $20 if I knew it was going to happen. Let's face it, Powerboat is not "still" around, they have come back around. $20 is nothing, but I'm getting tired of everybody with a hand putting it in my pocket. I wish that if my business wasn't doing so well everybody would send me $20. ( Oh yea, you forgot about Pokerruns America magazine, another one that didn't own up to their obligation )
Old 12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Very much appreciate all the support for PBM but once again big business has killed a dream. Don't send in your subscriptions. Matt Trulio will have a full news article soon.

Last edited by thisistank; 12-21-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

That suks Azz
Old 12-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess I need to cancel my check for my subscription or will they return all the money to the people that paid?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic

You may want everything in life and expect it to be laid at your feet, but this is not today's world. Seriously, what is $20 to you, isn't it worth trying to keep something around for our sport/hobby. I hope your money isn't that tight...

If you want more... You need to support the people trying to move things forward. They cannot do it themselves, the economics just are not there anymore.

Personally, I say way to go Powerboat, we are here to support you and glad I re-upped my subscription!

So I guess you will be sending in your money to SUPPORT OSO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.