Notices

Cat Diesel in a Ford?

Old 06-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slowly, man, slowly. I'll proably have it done just in time to winterize it!
Old 06-12-2002, 02:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Cord,
Any pics you can post to show us how it's going?
MD
Old 06-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Gumbydammit

I too heard the Mercedes thing about Dodge.
It would make me pretty damn happy. That would mean a real truckmaker could pick up the Cummins finally!!

Now, now Boot...."good luck"?? Popped head gaskets, rough idle and crap for mileage?? Thats good luck??

heh, just bustin ya

Old 06-12-2002, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck ? Where did you get that ? Popped head gaskets ? I have personaly owned 11 power strokes since 1994 . And have sold about 100 to my customers . I have never seen this problem . Well ,one time ,no ,twice ! My neighbor is a resque squader . With his job , he leaves in a hurry . Start it up ice cold in the winter and floor it till you hit 70mph ! He blew it up twice in a month about 100 yards out of his driveway . Real cool ! WHite smoke everywhere ! Now he has a gas motor ..........

Ruff idel ? THey all do . Listen closer . I have all 3 here now . They all idle ruff . How could they not ? Diesl dosen't burn complete blow around 1000-1100 rpm's . If someone figured out how to make it burn and idel smooth please let me know ,I'de like to share it with Ford ,Chevy ,and Dodge .
And I don't think the mileage is to bad for a full blown heavy duty crew cab . My 94 -97's got 20mpg and my 99-2002's get 17-18 . Not too bad . Better then the Kenworth at 5.8mpg ! And I have a better power to weight ratio . Gas mileage will vary drasticly between different drivers . MY Brother got 15mpg in his 2000 CC Ford .I have it now and I get 17.5 so far . He had one in 97 that got 24 mpg !

So many rumors , so little time ..........

I got to bust ya back Gumbydammit , But I don't know where to start !

When I get my boat together I want you to show me around the CT waters . Should be a trip ! IF you would LAter ,JOE
Old 06-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Gumbydammit

Joe,
We both get chubbies from the whistle of the turbo!!!!
We both built our own trucks. Diesel Brothers. heh

The ball busting is all in good fun! I enjoy talking to people that have a clue. You surely have a clue man!

This is not Harley vs. Jap here.....

I mean, just because I dont rank PS as the top, does not mean I look down on it. **** man, a PowerStroke DOES its job right up there with the rest of them!
(Unlike those rolling fart bikes that don't handle, cant stop, don't run right, leak, vibrate etc etc....) Uh-Oh..now I have really done it. I dissed Harley.
(Please note that my comments to NOT apply to any Harley that is pre 1970...)

COME ON UP TO THE RIVER! We will praise jah togedda mon!
Be happy to meet you and go for a ride!

PS speaking about American/Jap..... anyone played with that marine Lexus motor yet?? I heard it was quite something and they are messing with variable valve timing for 2005....anyone else heard that?

Old 06-13-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the new cummins has a new fuel delivery system for better gas milage and a better burn. i currently own all four modles. a truck with a cat, doge with a cummins and a chevy duramax, and a ford power stroke.the cat is good for super heavy pulling. the cummings moter gets the best gas milage towing. the duramax and the power stroke are a tie.

Treadwell
Old 06-13-2002, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey GUmby , Whats up with Lexus ? HAven't herd that one .

Oh ,you knock harley now too !!!

THats OK ! I own a Yamaha ! FZR1000