Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Questions About 42 Cig. "It's Good To Be King" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26399-questions-about-42-cig-its-good-king.html)

LEOPAJM 06-12-2002 04:44 PM

The cig. didn't pass Victory's but he was going 111 and Victory's tops out at 106.........?????????

Scooter 06-12-2002 04:48 PM

v-12 cig topped out at 106 victorys 111 you have backwards

LEOPAJM 06-12-2002 04:55 PM

Nope .....

I was in Victory's testing all last week and she tops out @ 106...and the cig. (not the torque boat by the way) supposedly ran 111 .

"damn GPS !/'@&^!!!!"

Scooter 06-12-2002 05:00 PM

i was talking about the torgue boat only running 106 which rare breed said he ran and so did the driver but rare breed said the ,it is good to be king ran 111, now is that right or no

LEOPAJM 06-12-2002 05:05 PM

You tell me ....

..... all I know is that Victory's tops @ 106 and "the King" didn't get him @ 111 ????????

Scooter 06-12-2002 05:09 PM

have no idea what victory's was running just talking about the torgue and it is good to be king, just going of what rare breed said

Scooter 06-12-2002 05:12 PM

someone has the **** messed up, i wasn't in any of them so i don't know just going of rare breeds statement.

Flat Deck 06-12-2002 06:55 PM

The "King" is a 46 Rough Rider, we ran side by side for five or six
miles at 95 mph ,the last five miles to Holland he aired it out
bigtime and stepped it up to 100+, We were able to pull him
by 3-4 mph. When we got just outside the entrance to Holland
I pulled it back and he slipped inside of us. When we checked
the tattletale it showed 106mph. We spent the entire morning
running with him and the 46 Torque Cig, most of it at between
95-105mph. Both those boats ran great, the "King" had about
5mph on the Torque boat and we had about 3mph on the "King.
Both those guys knew how to handle their boats at speed and
weren't afraid to use them. Running with those two for 100 miles
at those speeds is what offshore is all about ,it doesn't get any
better!

PS We lost the stbd trans. 1.2 miles outside of GH!! WE HAD
THOSE DAMN CIGARETTES COVERED !!!

Jim Deitz / Victorys

KAAMA 06-12-2002 09:03 PM

Flat Deck, yeah it was fun watching you guys. I was on a high bluff about 1 mile south of the Saugatuck piers when I saw you leading the pack as you guys were coming north from South Haven. You guys were out there a bit so if it wasn't for my binoculars I wouldn't have known who was who out there for sure. One thing is for sure is that the "V" bottoms were leading the way at that point from my position. The cats were about a mile or two behind. From my vantage point Victory's was leading the way with the other Cig about 100-150 yards or so behind and king Cig was much closer to the shoreline (about 1/4 mile out if that) and he was gunnin' for Victory's and gaining on him but as I said I was losing the angle after they had passed my position---probably about one mile north of my position---you guys must have been right in front of the Saugatuck piers by the time the king Cig caught up to Victory's. After that I couldn't see any further, however Flat Deck just gave us his testimony---I just wished I could have seen it. I also wish you guys would bring it in a little closer to shore so those watching can see things a little better. Unknown to the boaters/drivers, many people stand and watch as you guys go by----I understand safety has priority, but if boat traffic permits, why not bring it in a little closer to shore fellas? No one can see your bad*ss hardware when you're all way the "hey" out there. It's pretty much about entertainment anyway---just think of us poor dudes standing on shore WISHING we could be out there with ya'll !!!

GETTINBYE 06-13-2002 08:24 AM

I concede.

After looking at the pics in the photo section of the dash layout on the "It's Good To Be King" boat it is clear that it is a 46 Rough Rider and not a 42 Tiger. It was none the less kicking ass when I saw it running north back to Grand Haven around Holland.

If he is king I would settle for being prince to his thrown! Until then I will be faithful to our Baja 36 Outlaw.

Be Safe,
Mark