Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement >

Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement

Notices

Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement

Old 10-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for their constructive comments and insight. This is truly an educational experience from every angle from the people who live it. Your never to old to learn. Thanks again!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You mean the guy that owns the company that keeps trying to advertise on OSO for free?
I was under the impression it was RF Jr posting under the screen name of Reggie Fountain?????
Not that it matters, as I have assumed just a matter of time before someones hand will get smacked for the advertising.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Frisini Motorsports seems to be finding the buyers for new boats...

I wouldn't put it passed Tony if he wouldn't be trying to get his hands on some of these brands too !!
I was just going to mention this. Tony is doing phenominally well in a bad market. I hope he has continued success. I heard he had sold 20 boats in just 3 months. Impressive.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I was under the impression it was RF Jr posting under the screen name of Reggie Fountain?????
Not that it matters, as I have assumed just a matter of time before someones hand will get smacked for the advertising.
That was always my assumption as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

I don't want anybody to think that my post and comment about the efforts of Liberty and Amercian Holdings trying to by whatever means they wer using to raise Fountain , Donzi, or Proline from the "ashes" of that debt burden was a comment or question about Mr. Reggie Fountain and his endevors!
I was not making that analogy or coment.It makes us all smaller and the whole performance boat industry hurts when companies with such great history and customer support become victims of this horrible economy and their sometimes unfortunately mistimed enthusiastic growth plans.
Reggie will hopefully land on his feet and his priceless knowledge and expierence will keep him in the thick of this struggling industry. I wish Reggie at RF boats and all the other performance boat bulders in our industry all the best and hope for all our sakes and this sport that this industry can ride out this storm and get back to days of good strong business and economy! Many times it takes a real bad time in an industry to redirect and fine tune a particular industry to survive and maintain in a struggling economy.
"When the Going gets Tough, the Tough get Going!"
This is where are industry is at and this is our charge!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"The Reggie" is R.M. (Reggie) Fountain, Jr.
The one posting here is Reggie Fountain III.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
I thought he was one of the handful of Offshore Legends (you know people who actually built and did something tangible in the sport) that posts here and in doing so gives this little internet discussion forum some legitimacy???

Not that anyone deserves a free ride, but honestly some of you you guys forget to stop and think how lucky we are to have the real deal guys like Mr Fountain and many others actually posting here and being a part of this forum....very few other discussion forums in other types of hobbies/sports are so lucky.
Yeah just fyi, Reggie has never posted a single word on this little internet discussion forum in the decade plus that it's been online.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

He's ( whoever it is) trolling for business in a lot of his posts.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You mean the guy that owns the company that keeps trying to advertise on OSO for free?
I know nothing about that

I have never owned a Fountain nor do i ever see myself owning one (i have owned Scarabs, Cigarette, Black Thunder, Donzi)
Still you have to respect someone who has done what he has done over his lifetime. I have much more respect for work in the boating industry rather than his other occupation (lawyer)
Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stick to the Facts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Dude when did the House change hands? Clue Midterms O6 now put the blame were it belongs.
Dude, what happened to the saying "THE BUCK STOPS HERE"??

Just the facts, when did the economy drop "Sept 2008".

For the longest time before the 08 collapse, it was never admitted that we were in a recession.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.