Chinese boat building industry

Notices

Chinese boat building industry

Old 10-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
They sunk it,low freeboard and pushing it in at that angle,No way.
i was thinking that same thing, once that low tail hit the water it was done for. How is it that no one sees these things coming? Hell if they woulda just tied a few of those roller bags on the stern before they launched they probably could have quick launched right past the point of no return
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Exactly, if they added some flotation it would have survived.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like nobody here ever forgot to put in the drain plugs. LOL
Old 10-15-2011, 01:14 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Can anyone elaborate with your expertise on a adding flotation to a boat after it has already been totally built.

Foam, styrofoam and believe it or not I have seen ping pong balls added afterwards to a boat trying to add flotation but I am not sure how much if any added to it.

IMO they also might have tried this to quit down wave / water noise while the boat was at rest & underway. I know adding foam in all voids after the fact might not be the thing to do because how it expands having the potential breaking structures whithin. Maybe self leveling foam is that a better idea. Thank you for your time.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Can anyone elaborate with your expertise on a adding flotation to a boat after it has already been totally built.

Foam, styrofoam and believe it or not I have seen ping pong balls added afterwards to a boat trying to add flotation but I am not sure how much if any added to it.

IMO they also might have tried this to quit down wave / water noise while the boat was at rest & underway. I know adding foam in all voids after the fact might not be the thing to do because how it expands having the potential breaking structures whithin. Maybe self leveling foam is that a better idea. Thank you for your time.
Like Dave said you simply add flotation bags (Kinda Like the things they were rolling it on) to the stern area,For the launching , NOT internal floatation.

Last edited by Steve 1; 10-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1,287 Likes on 723 Posts

I traveled for work to China once about every 6 weeks for 10 years ending in 2009.

If we do NOT wake up they are going to bury us, you should see their government planing. The chinese have a different view on time. They look out 20-30-100 years, nothing to them.

The keep their currency low, they subliment industries so that no one can compete with them, they are training a unbelievable amount of engineers.

Can't tell you how many times I was on a plane with the director or VP of engineering of a US company that said he was going over to see his "staff".

The company I worked for set a goal and met it to outsource 50% of their engineering to China, India, and the Ucrane.

Remember when we used to laugh at those cheap little car and motorcycles from Japan?

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 10-15-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Forgot the not
Old 10-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the performance boating industry might be safe at least for a little while, apparantly we have more manufacturers than the market will support
Old 10-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 875 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Thinkerer

The BMW X5s SUV is built in Spartenbug/Greer S.C. the older Z3 Roadster were also built there until a few years ago. and and the Mercedes M Class is built in Tuscaloosa Alabama
The BMW in S.C. plant is pretty interesting as a large part of the plant is powered from the Methane Gas from the local land fill. The Lear seats are made just up the road and the Michelin Tires are made next door.

Designed in Germany but built here.

Thank you
Jim
that is why I said I could not recall the model. I knew they were built there just forgot the Z3 part. if you notice, all the foreign companies are in the south and NON UNION. I dont think that foreign companies doubt the abilities of American workers but none want to be destroyed by the UAW like the big three are. I the government would get out of the way and quit sueing everyone for trying to turn a profit this country might make a comeback. the bigger the federal government the smaller our economy.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I traveled for work to China once about every 6 weeks for 10 years ending in 2009.

If we do NOT wake up they are going to bury us, you should see their government planing. The chinese have a different view on time. They look out 20-30-100 years, nothing to them.

The keep their currency low, they subliment industries so that no one can compete with them, they are training a unbelievable amount of engineers.

Can't tell you how many times I was on a plane with the director or VP of engineering of a US company that said he was going over to see his "staff".

The company I worked for set a goal and met it to outsource 50% of their engineering to China, India, and the Ucrane.

Remember when we used to laugh at those cheap little car and motorcycles from Japan?

And some is already moving to India because its even cheaper than China,I don't know where this is going to end up.But the jobs are already gone.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
,I don't know where this is going to end up..
With us learning Chinese?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.