Chinese boat building industry

Notices

Chinese boat building industry

Old 10-15-2011, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix

The keep their currency low, they subliment industries so that no one can compete with them, they are training a unbelievable amount of engineers.

Can't tell you how many times I was on a plane with the director or VP of engineering of a US company that said he was going over to see his "staff".

The company I worked for set a goal and met it to outsource 50% of their engineering to China, India, and the Ucrane.

Remember when we used to laugh at those cheap little car and motorcycles from Japan?
I understand, but if it is these same engineers that launched this boat I think we will be ok...the main source is that the Chinese don't have the EPA laws that we have and will pollute the earth till no end to make a profit. This video is a perfect example of just do it, get it done to hell with the consequences. Americans are wising up to Chinese products, from dog food to kids toys made with lead paint. Even Walmart has gone to many more American made products.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,287 Likes on 723 Posts

I know what you are saying but they are learning fast.
I seen it, the first system I sold was in a Buick, the first builds were horrible, the next car,,,,,,,,, much better.

They have the ability to put large numbers of engineers on any problem.

We should not just discount them. That is what I am
Trying to say.
BTW
You are spot on about the environment issue, they didn't care.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 875 Likes on 317 Posts

"the main source is that the Chinese don't have the EPA laws that we have and will pollute the earth till no end to make a profit."

this is true. their idea of enviromentally friendly is "dump it way out there so I cant smell it"
unfortunately here in the US the EPA is way too far to the extreme and getting worse. there is a company here in Gainsville, GA that processes soy beans, etc into oils and other stuff, they have 5 people full time who do nothing but make sure they are in compliance with all the regulations that are heaped on them. that is 200 hours a week for nothing but government BS. yes I do agree that some regulations are needed and that we need to all be resposible for protecting mother earth but nothing about the EPA or other gov. regs is about that, it is all about what they can do to put you in a bind and then fine you for not keeping up. one example is water based paints. sounds resonable except that the only component that is water base is the base coat. the one part that does not contain isocianates, the ingrediant that causes health issues. so they made us 'safer' by changing out the safest part but then fine the crap out of us if we dont have the proper paint guns, paint booth and filters for water base paints that cost us thousands of dollars just for a little label saying we comply. sorry for the rant but as you can see I have spent way too much of my life dealing with an increasingly overbearing government here in the "land of the free".
Old 10-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

The Chinese have been building blowboats for a few years now......
Old 10-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a contractor I belive hes in utah???

Building a 100% u.s. Product house.
Everything, nails, pvc, hardware, tubs, sinks, the whole thing.

cant remember exact stats, but I think he was projecting completed const to increase price by 5%? And that if all g.c. `s followed his 100% u.s. Building it would add almost 250,000 jobs to u.s. Work force.

He had to have the foundation anchor bolts custom machined because the only ones available are chinese. Not even a u.s mfg. option currently avail.

5% more on a home can be a big $$$ but youll have peace of mind having quality ( hopefully ) products.

MD
Old 10-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Wake UP Amercia!!

Lets face it, in the good old USA we got fat, dumb and lazy with a little ignorance thrown in! Now we are paying the price of all the lost jobs, net incomes falling for the majority of our work force! We stopped mining, drilling, fabricating, forming, developing,building, designing, engineerings and manufacturing our own products and needs! We let politicians, beauracrats, enviromentalists, greed in the board room and NIMBYs regulate, legislate and brain wash us into believing that we can have all our needs taken care of by the rest of the world.
We could save so much money by buying all these items, products and services from overseas and enhance the value of the USA by supporting those who have conned us into believing this in our best interest!
BullSh*t !! A Nation that only consumes and does not produce or export its strengths and expertise is a dying whale on a beach!
Wake up quick America! Educate, Innovate, Use and Sell our Internal Assets and Support our Great Economy or resolve yourself to become a Third World country!!

Hope there are a lot of others who can clear their heads and think now about how important this problem is and take action to right our Ship!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what happens when you only steal the boat design plans, not the factory and launching plans.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 AM

This sums it up much better IMO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqWj...eature=related
Old 10-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I think we will see some changes in what is built in China
The New Labor laws in China are going to make them less competitive then they were before.
The turn over labor rate there is almost 30% after the Chinese New Year Holiday, at least that how it is in the electronic field ther.

Thank you
Old 10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
"the main source is that the Chinese don't have the EPA laws that we have and will pollute the earth till no end to make a profit."

this is true. their idea of enviromentally friendly is "dump it way out there so I cant smell it"
unfortunately here in the US the EPA is way too far to the extreme and getting worse. there is a company here in Gainsville, GA that processes soy beans, etc into oils and other stuff, they have 5 people full time who do nothing but make sure they are in compliance with all the regulations that are heaped on them. that is 200 hours a week6 for nothing but government BS. yes I do agree that some regulations are needed and that we need to all be resposible for protecting mother earth but nothing about the EPA or other gov. regs is about that, it is all about what they can do to put you in a bind and then fine you for not keeping up. one example is water based paints. sounds resonable except that the only component that is water base is the base coat. the one part that does not contain isocianates, the ingrediant that causes health issues. so they made us 'safer' by changing out the safest part but then fine the crap out of us if we dont have the proper paint guns, paint booth and filters for water base paints that cost us thousands of dollars just for a little label saying we comply. sorry for the rant but as you can see I have spent way too much of my life dealing with an increasingly overbearing government here in the "land of the free".
Originally Posted by Raylar
Lets face it, in the good old USA we got fat, dumb and lazy with a little ignorance thrown in! Now we are paying the price of all the lost jobs, net incomes falling for the majority of our work force! We stopped mining, drilling, fabricating, forming, developing,building, designing, engineerings and manufacturing our own products and needs! We let politicians, beauracrats, enviromentalists, greed in the board room and NIMBYs regulate, legislate and brain wash us into believing that we can have all our needs taken care of by the rest of the world.
We could save so much money by buying all these items, products and services from overseas and enhance the value of the USA by supporting those who have conned us into believing this in our best interest!
BullSh*t !! A Nation that only consumes and does not produce or export its strengths and expertise is a dying whale on a beach!
Wake up quick America! Educate, Innovate, Use and Sell our Internal Assets and Support our Great Economy or resolve yourself to become a Third World country!!

Hope there are a lot of others who can clear their heads and think now about how important this problem is and take action to right our Ship!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Well said Raylar. My sentiments exactly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.