Chinese boat building industry >

Chinese boat building industry

Notices

Chinese boat building industry

Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When the Chinese copy ,their quality is @ 75-80 % of the orginal.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
"the main source is that the Chinese don't have the EPA laws that we have and will pollute the earth till no end to make a profit."

this is true. their idea of enviromentally friendly is "dump it way out there so I cant smell it"
unfortunately here in the US the EPA is way too far to the extreme and getting worse. there is a company here in Gainsville, GA that processes soy beans, etc into oils and other stuff, they have 5 people full time who do nothing but make sure they are in compliance with all the regulations that are heaped on them. that is 200 hours a week for nothing but government BS. yes I do agree that some regulations are needed and that we need to all be resposible for protecting mother earth but nothing about the EPA or other gov. regs is about that, it is all about what they can do to put you in a bind and then fine you for not keeping up. one example is water based paints. sounds resonable except that the only component that is water base is the base coat. the one part that does not contain isocianates, the ingrediant that causes health issues. so they made us 'safer' by changing out the safest part but then fine the crap out of us if we dont have the proper paint guns, paint booth and filters for water base paints that cost us thousands of dollars just for a little label saying we comply. sorry for the rant but as you can see I have spent way too much of my life dealing with an increasingly overbearing government here in the "land of the free".
Old 10-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The year before this second worldwide depression started, I was part of the design and engineering team on a $5M yacht. We interviewed and got bids from quality yards around the world: USA, England, France, Germany, Poland, Italy, Turkey, Tunisia, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, and China. We were comparing equivalent levels of quality, not cardboard core in CHina with nomex core in the USA. We found that the USA yards were actually the most cost competitive.

But here is the kicker: they were most cost effective WHEN they used illegal aliens for low skilled labor (mold creation, lamination).

So: the USA is in fact cost competitive even with China, when using illegal aliens. So, we can choose: export the entire project, or semi-export the cheap labor.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 875 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
catch you off guard there Brian? I know you have had to deal with all the regulations. I know of a couple of different business men who have retired recently because all the banking regulations, EPA regulations, labor regulations, and local and federal regulations got to the point that they said screw it and retired and closed down their companies. it cost a lot of people jobs but in the end they said they could retire now or wait a few years till they went bankrupt trying to comply. how many companies do you know of now who put hiring or expanding on hold due to added costs thanks to the government? more than you can count.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
catch you off guard there Brian? I know you have had to deal with all the regulations. I know of a couple of different business men who have retired recently because all the banking regulations, EPA regulations, labor regulations, and local and federal regulations got to the point that they said screw it and retired and closed down their companies. it cost a lot of people jobs but in the end they said they could retire now or wait a few years till they went bankrupt trying to comply. how many companies do you know of now who put hiring or expanding on hold due to added costs thanks to the government? more than you can count.
Soybeans smell like money to me!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 875 Likes on 317 Posts

Soybeans smell like money to me!

yes they do! but think what they could do how many more people they could employ if so much of their time wasnt spent buried under a pile of paper written by people who have never run a business before.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A lot of fiberglass comes from China,Nowdays and we invented it.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

Wink Where to Start!

Export no part of the project. Use our more expensive labor and any Legal aliens for cheaper labor and charge a little more for the Yacht! Let the buyer know that a little more of his money is making sure the businesses and investments that are paying for his yacht came from those who will continue to support his business and home country investments.

It's not really difficult to do business with these terms, at Raylar we do it everyday. Our kit parts, cylinder heads, camshafts, bolts, gaskets, pistons, oil pumps, etc.,etc. are all made right here in the Good Ol" USA! I don't have any Chinese, Indian, etc., etc. customers buying my products and the US customers who do are buying them with their well earned dollars! I am certainly not going to help take those jobs and dollars from their future just to put more today dollars in my pocket! That's short sided action and thinking! I need to help keep my customers and suppliers viable and healthy so they can keep me healthy! Its the KISS Theory in action in a preserved economy - Keep it Simple Stupid!
Don't take food from the mouths of those who feed you!

If I had a board of directors or stock holders I would tell them that there are no guaranties in business and investments in any economy and if they are not directing and investing with the idea of enhancing the longevity and long term quality and viability of the company, its products, services , workforce and its present and future profits, then GET OFF THE BOARD! and SELL THEIR STOCK ! They should not be involved in business!
I know these ideas seem a little harsh in todays business world, but people we are in a harsh reality of our present and future problems that are about to throw our Amercian way of Life under the bus for some short term thinking, excuses and selfish greed!
I realize a lot of our economic loss now stems from the mortgage meltdown nightmare and it was amercian Companies like Countrywide who led the debacle. It should also be realized that this insane greed driven vehicle called business and profits at any cost without ethics and reason allowed these companies and individuals to litterly almost destroy the entire mortgage, banking and homebuilding industries and all the related economy and jobs that they provided in our country.
We as tax payers had to spend billions to plug the holes in this ship and the costs and losses are not over yet. When these industries went dark they nearly took the entire US automotive industry with it. again, without the billions from taxpayers to refloat this industry it would have been gone also.
We've got commodities investors doing nearly the same thing with their quick profit trading of Oil, copper minerals, and such that are artificially creating ever higher costs for everyday necessities that Americans must now buy with less spendable and many must keep buying even when un-employed.
My easy solution here, if you buy a commodity for investment, you must take delivery before you can resell it! Watch the over inflated prices of these items drop like a rock when this happens!
Sounds radical, but it can and should be a idea floated to stop the runaway inflation in many commodities.
Hey, I am a Capitalist and Patriot thru and thru! I am a self made successful entreprenure who does not want a government legislated control of business and investment.
I just would like to see our society and the many of the big players realize that this greed driven short term profit at any cost is going to definitly kill the "Goose Who Laid the Golden EGG!"
We have got to change the overall American society ways of thinking and acting to really fix this growing problem. The time for change is now, we don't have a big time window here! I hope I live to see the day when we right this ship and get back on calm seas and blue skies!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 10-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made headers for 67 thru 69 firebird w pontiac engines and a turbocharger, I tried like hell to have them made in the good old USA, lowest price I could find was $1200.00 per set with a 100 set minimum. No way I could sell that product.

I ended up having them made in china, the quality is incredible, materials are better than what I was seeing here and I am selling them retail for $685.00 per set.

While I see your point about americans not having jobs, I also see some guys being able to go fast and enjoy thier time on this earth the way they wany because I found them a way to do it they can afford.

Its a shame its this way, but it is what it is, Look at H beam connecting rods, crower made pontiac rods for years at $1800.00 a set manley too then CAT, Eagle etc came in with rods for $300.00 this made it possible for everyone to be able to build a good relaible engine making more HP.

so theres good and bad in the whole thing.

The market will balance out over time the question is will the USA be able to hang in there until it does,
Old 10-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I really don't profess to know all the ins and outs of how this all works,, but am fairly sure if the US goverment wanted to get jobs back here to the USA they could
I think that Ray's KISS Theory is the way
Gather all the heads of the major US Companys and ask them what would it take to bring back the jobs to the USA
My thoughts are,, offer a major Tax break on Corp tax for 10 years to each company if they bring back 10,000 plus jobs each year for 10 years, and they would have to hire only US Citizens and no B1 or H1 green cards from outside the USA.,, US citizens only.
and if they refused the offer , then tax their imports ,, to level the playing field
I've been to Hong Kong and China several times
You never seen so many container ships as there are in Hong Kong Harbor being loaded,, they don't have dock space to load them all, they load then out in the harbor with barges and cranes, and Hong Kong is not the # 1 shipping port from China. Shanghai is #1
Also there is more money made in Macau on gaming then in Vegas and its been that way for about 4-5 years.
There is a lot of money in China.
thank you

Last edited by dammmagnum; 10-18-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.