bravo 2 on a performance boat? >

bravo 2 on a performance boat?

Notices

bravo 2 on a performance boat?

Old 10-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo 2 on a performance boat?

Found me a real clean stryker 2150 in Dallas that I'm gonna go look at next week. Only question I have is it has a bravo 2 and from what I understand that outdrive isn't really built for performance boats. The reading I've done is that they mostly go on houseboats and stuff. Any thoughts??
Old 10-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chaselee
Found me a real clean stryker 2150 in Dallas that I'm gonna go look at next week. Only question I have is it has a bravo 2 and from what I understand that outdrive isn't really built for performance boats. The reading I've done is that they mostly go on houseboats and stuff. Any thoughts??
Very low gear ratio decided by the lower. No worries if you can get the right deal, just change the lower to a B1 and swap the prop
Old 10-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Can you just reprop it like normal to get more speed out if it. I don't really want to gave to change lower units if its not necessary
Old 10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chaselee
Can you just reprop it like normal to get more speed out if it. I don't really want to gave to change lower units if its not necessary
Most are a 2.0 gear ratio, the prop you would need for speed will not get you on plane

They have a special prop shaft that makes finding props hard and expensive

They also have a lower X demension, putting your prop very low in the water, also a speed killer.

Lower units can be found for less than $1000 and changed in about 1 hour, very simple.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do as 4bus said. B2's got nothing to do with performance. The B1 has an x-dim of 21.13/16" and the B2 has one at 23.7/8". Besides the prop shaft, I'm pretty sure the B2 props have a barrel diameter that is larger than the B1/Alpha ect. props. The B2 props are not speed props. Is the boat born with a B2, or has the previous owner replaced the B1 with a B2. If so, that sounds a little strange. Ask him why.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 10-16-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Is it possible that the seller / broker does not have his facts straight? Wouldn't be the first time. LOL
Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Your absolutely correct. It is infact a bravo one with a 23p prop. Its a 454 with a small cam. What prop will be best for speed? He said it will do 67you with the 23throttle but I would like to get more out of it