Notices

Annapolis Boat Show

Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annapolis Boat Show

Wow what a disappointment!!! There was ZERO performance manufacturers or after market vendors. I went with a friend who said it's about half of what it used to be 10 yrs ago.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
Wow what a disappointment!!! There was ZERO performance manufacturers or after market vendors. I went with a friend who said it's about half of what it used to be 10 yrs ago.
I think that's pretty much the case with most boat show these days.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup a direct result of the economy is on events such as boat shows, and other rec vechicle shows, rv, snomobiles, bikes etc etc
Old 10-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
yup a direct result of the economy is on events such as boat shows, and other rec vechicle shows, rv, snomobiles, bikes etc etc
maybe a little bit of the economy but mostly the local market. annapolis boat show has never had more then 3-4 perfomance boats per year (1 fastech, 1 lightning, 1 zr) and that's even during the up years.

the vendors that come to that show know this is a majority fishing and cruiser market so they don't use the limited space on performance stuff.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

Glad i missed it now.
Although i do like looking at different boats.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I never made it pass Pussers on Friday Night!!! I did get several text and pixs over the weekend saying that Terry was there with the 39 Nor-Tech Center Console... i hope he sold a few I would like to see those running around the Bay next year.

Pat
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

definitely still a good boat show IMO, especially the way it's integrated with the downtown annapolis waterfront.

the nor-tech 390 looked awesome and so did the intrepid with the seven marine 557s - never seen so many people take a picture of an outboard engine.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BumSauce
definitely still a good boat show IMO, especially the way it's integrated with the downtown annapolis waterfront.

the nor-tech 390 looked awesome and so did the intrepid with the seven marine 557s - never seen so many people take a picture of an outboard engine.
They just loaded the Intrepid up and shrink wrapped it from the travel lift to the trailer at the Maina at the Entrance of my Neighborhood, I stopped and looked at the outboards last week when the boat got into town... Things are huge
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

I Totally missed the Nortec, I would have liked to have seen that, I don't think they were listed in the vendor program. Bummer