Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who is Still making a non stepped hull? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264222-who-still-making-non-stepped-hull.html)

1MOSES1 10-21-2011 09:05 PM

in reading all of these OL and sutphen nut hugging threads...im starting to wonder why all the other boat companies dont just fold and throw in the towel. i mean by the sounds of it..they will certainly never match up to that of the almighty OL or sutphen!!!! haha.

these boats dont just go fast...they hover over water. haha :bsflag:

Boxer 10-21-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by kreed (Post 3533374)
When you say the water is trash, you talkin 2 to 4's or 4 to 6's or bigger? I hear stories of pleasure boaters on here all the time say they run 80+ in 6 foot seas. Im not sayin you, but lots dont know how big /deep a 6 7 or 8 foot sea is IMO...... I LOVE the 31 ft Boxer boat, but hes on here sayin he runs WFO in 8 ft seas blowing away 42Tigers with 1200's and 40 OL with 1200's...in big water. So to alot of people it sounds alittle far fetched. Again, I know the Boxer boat and have seen it may times, its cool as sh!t and I know its fast. But we've all been hearing some tall tales from Sutphen guys lately. I mean if what hes sayin is true, then hes also kickin the crap out of your 39 with 1000HP blower motors too, right? In 8 footers?....Now Im not speaking for 4195 here, but I think the Super Sutphen talk finally made him snap, there has been alot of Sutphen smack talkin on AND OFF the boards lately because of these super accomplishments that only Sutphens are achieving. With that being said and Sutphen being the best flat bottom boat made...who's got one for sale? I want one!

I said I was in Walter's 39 [TKO] during the Borden Light Poker run . There were four boats running together at 100+ as we approached Newport. The other three boats had to back off in the 3 to 5 foot slop.I don't believe any of us was at Orange Beach, but a comment made by the Miss GEIGO team that TKO was on cruise control as he won production 3 at the worlds this year.

kreed 10-22-2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 3533625)
I said I was in Walter's 39 [TKO] during the Borden Light Poker run . There were four boats running together at 100+ as we approached Newport. The other three boats had to back off in the 3 to 5 foot slop.I don't believe any of us was at Orange Beach, but a comment made by the Miss GEIGO team that TKO was on cruise control as he won production 3 at the worlds this year.

Ok Boxer, that was my bad reading then. I know your boat goes through water a 31 shouldnt even think about, but running those speeds and huge water, i had to question it! My bad. Still would be fun to see Franks Tiger make a long run with the 39 #6 boat next summer! Throw some 4 to 5 footers in the mix and I think the 40 OL may have trouble with the Sutphen AND the Cig! Dan, how does the OL handle 5 footers????

Nauti Kitty 10-22-2011 11:02 PM

I agree, Id love to see video of that

NK

Interceptor 10-24-2011 04:13 PM

How about Phantom ?

Sydwayz 10-25-2011 04:56 PM

We don't need no sinking steps!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMepp-o9Igg&feature=related[/youtube]

GLH 10-25-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by spk1 (Post 3529581)
Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Fountain?

;)

joeya 10-25-2011 05:18 PM

Concept Boats is still making non stepped Hulls on their 32' & 36'

eddie 11-05-2011 05:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Went and looked at the 30 mid cabin NRG today, good looking boat. Should be water ready soon. Made right at Lake of the Ozarks. Factory Merc power in this one. Pretty much will do what ever the customer wants. Nice to see someone close to the lake building boats.

bwd 11-05-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3535562)
How about Phantom ?

Yes, what about?