Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who is Still making a non stepped hull? >

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Notices

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Old 11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ok guy's, i no ol is a great fast boat in flat water but why did this happen in some 3+ footer's " twice "
not being a hater just want to no why it happened
thank's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Aa0vlJKL0
Old 11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/226557...rash_in_rocks/
Old 11-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter42
and that apache was NOT running 100...
For those that need an Apache to go 100 in rough water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDV7vHF2G4
Old 11-08-2011, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

ha, no doubt that is bad ass
Old 11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
For those that need an Apache to go 100 in rough water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDV7vHF2G4
there's is just something cool about watching a boat skip from one wave to another , doesn't matter the brand name
Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will we see any of these OL's or Apaches in the Bimini Run next year? Just curious.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Why, I've seen a 31 Sutphen run right through that and more where others had to turn around fearing for their life's!

Wait, or was it the other way around???
hahaha,I saw 26 do it in a race I was in until my navigator threaten me. to pull over since I lost my bolster and kept running. cape cod 02 waves started at 5ft , a fountain sv blew a hole in its bottom on the second race, that we all agreed the water had calm down since the 1st race. well found out its not my drive height on the saber. its the boat, this past weekend thanks too . KNOT RIGHT, DONZI, SLICK STINGER, and BOXER. we tried more drive heights thanks to KONRAD for sending a full lower. we tested drive height from 4'' to aprox 5 3/4'' no chance in boat. so we know its the boat. I should of bought the red sutphen, just kidding I do like how the saber runs over wakes even with the porpoising. looks like sand bags next. wish I knew this when I had the old gas tank out. I had though there might have been to much weight in the back. and talked about cutting the floor open and move the tank where most of boats have there tanks between the front bolsters. and if its still off when I am light on fuel next fall, we'll pull the motor take the new tank out of the bilge and move the motor 6 to 8''. unless someone wants my hull know minus power, could come with drive or without. well sand bags this weekend I think.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
It looks like most of the guys posting here have been around the lake a couple times. I know NK has owned and run hard most of the boats mentioned a few Cigs, Tiger included, Sutphen, Saber an MANY more. There's nothing better to watch than the lone NK playing off the end of the pier head in the big stuff. To say one of these deep Vees is head and shoulders above the rest is quite a statment. It has more to do with the captain and his respect for his passengers. One question, I'm sure it's been discussed but, are 10ft waves followed by 20ft holes?
off cape cod YES, on the south side from the cape to block island. and sure down in NJ and south. hope to find out in my 28 when we get it figured out, may have to change the bottom too.love the 41 sabers, well going to chop wood for the wife later.ps if I plan on running hard I go by myself too.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by SS930
Based on that I can't believe Sutphen isn't selling more boats, or that everyone else wasn't forced out of business a long time ago!!!
you can lead a horse to water, BUT CAN'T MAKE HIM DRINK.. oh I was in boxer in 04 they canceled the races that day to. cape cod, there was only 4 boats in the water 3 sutphens running 65 to 75 mph. and a crazied racer from NJ going nuts in a 36 skater to show the CG it was alright to race.but after the mishaps of the 02 race it was called. and I had both knees operated on 3 months earlier. so I sat in the sutphen since my knees kept giving out. ride was fine on my back with the 5 bad disks. I could of ran around all day with Boxer that 26 degree hull cuts through the water nice. and the bow is broad on them.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter42
ha, no doubt that is bad ass
some is bad, some is good.....
Attached Thumbnails Who is Still making a non stepped hull?-poker%2520run%25203%2520050.jpg  

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 11-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.