Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who is Still making a non stepped hull? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264222-who-still-making-non-stepped-hull.html)

WildThing47 11-08-2011 08:02 PM

Frank, none taken...

I would run an OL in pretty much anything...

What is wrong with the fact I love the boat, I've seen Apache's come apart before....the stress that goes on a boat when that happens is ridiculous...

Not to mention, you can be killed. I think you're right on the speeds that are approached it's huge (the amount of stress).
Commache: do not group me in as some band wagon fan...what the hell is the difference from you plugging apache, from me plugging outer limits? I'm not Dan, dan works for them, I'm stating my real world experience with these boats...

Don't make me out to be some mindless OL Follower, I own this boat because I love it's performance and the others I have owned, I stick with a brand that I feel builds the best, you disagree fine, but don't make my comments sound like they're mindless or somehow stupid...your points are ridiculous that a boat running 80mph 25 years ago, and these new hulls running well over 100, it's apples to Oranges, for a stepped bottom, OL is the best I feel, hands down, end of story...

You want to plug apache go ahead, I'm sure a bunch of sutphen guys would love to get on this...don't turn it around just because you feel partial to your boat...

WildThing47 11-08-2011 08:05 PM

This reminds me of the group I met one time that decided to sit there and argue the BMW 2002 was the best handling car ever produced....you can't talk them out of it...if someone else comes out with something better, I will surely give them respect...

Comanche3Six 11-08-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by madhatter42 (Post 3545489)
Frank, none taken...

I would run an OL in pretty much anything...

What is wrong with the fact I love the boat, I've seen Apache's come apart before....the stress that goes on a boat when that happens is ridiculous...

Not to mention, you can be killed. I think your right on the speeds that are approached it's huge.

Commache: do not group me in as some band wagon fan...what the hell is the difference from you plugging apache, from me plugging outer limits? I'm not Dan, dan works for them, I'm stating my real world experience with these boats...

Don't make me out to be some mindless OL Follower, I own this boat because I love it's performance and the others I have owned, I stick with a brand that I feel builds the best, you disagree fine, but don't make my comments sound like they're mindless or somehow stupid...your points are ridiculous that a boat running 80mph 25 years ago, and these new hulls running well over 100, it's apples to Oranges, for a stepped bottom, OL is the best I feel, hands down, end of story...

You want to plug apache go ahead, I'm sure a bunch of sutphen guys would love to get on this...don't turn it around just because you feel partial to your boat...

Given the topic of this thread "Who is still making a non stepped hull' It's easy to see why Sutphen & Apache guy's would post on it. But OL guys? Doesn't make sense...does it?

WildThing47 11-08-2011 08:10 PM

It started as all in fun.......ill let it die...

Comanche3Six 11-08-2011 08:15 PM

It was fun!

SS930 11-08-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 3545476)
Rumor has it the 45' Kid Apache blew the side out many moons ago ;) ..... jus sayin. :drink:

I dont think this was the only one to come apart either, was it?

Honestly guys, the forces generated on impact go up exponential as speeds increase. To compare hull failures on 80 mph boats against those of 130 mph boats is just silly in itself. Lets be realistic, generally speaking our bodies are a lot more fragile than any of these boats are. One good stuff at high speeds in any boat and your very likely to see hull damage and quite possibly human death.

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 3545482)
Don't get me wrong, I love my Apache but technology has come a long long way since the 80s.

You mean there's a reason we don't see 41 and 47 Apache's routinely dominating today? :eek: Cool boats and I still love them today, but I have to agree with Panther on this one...

Comanche3Six 11-08-2011 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3545541)

Honestly guys, the forces generated on impact go up exponential as speeds increase. To compare hull failures on 80 mph boats against those of 130 mph boats is just silly in itself.

So ....your saying that OL was going 130!!!!!!! when it stuffed & blew apart?

Boomer35 11-08-2011 09:41 PM

anyone got the video of those 2 OL's, i think over seas, sv43's? taking on HUGE water.

WildThing47 11-08-2011 11:36 PM

the f2 boat was running probably 90+...

comanche, the fact you're saying you could dive an apache, SUBMERGED...4ft under water at that speed and not have it come apart is absurd, that boat disappeared, the members were thankfully not killed...that fact you're sitting here still plugging that a 25 year old apache could withstand that...just shows...well I'm sure everyone can see it shows...and yes P1 overseas, I have the videos on DVD, the water is HUGE...

4195 11-09-2011 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3545541)
I dont think this was the only one to come apart either, was it?

Honestly guys, the forces generated on impact go up exponential as speeds increase. To compare hull failures on 80 mph boats against those of 130 mph boats is just silly in itself. Lets be realistic, generally speaking our bodies are a lot more fragile than any of these boats are. One good stuff at high speeds in any boat and your very likely to see hull damage and quite possibly human death.

You mean there's a reason we don't see 41 and 47 Apache's routinely dominating today? :eek: Cool boats and I still love them today, but I have to agree with Panther on this one...

Oh boy another OL cheerleader... I know Outelimits don't drive in the water they walk on water:evilb: the only point I would like to make is that the weight to speed ratio of the boars mentioned is greatly different, I am no engineer but the lighter OL is faster and most likely has more flex and would be more prone to coming apart. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the twin step technology and as Pat said it is not rolling 5 footers out there everyday so I would rather have the lighter faster set up. But with that being said I think the "old technology" has proven itself and it commands respect!