Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who is Still making a non stepped hull? >

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Notices

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Hey guys, all this bickering is fun, but maybe we should take this opportunity to be thankful that we are all still here and able to boat at all. There was a fatal boat accident in KW at the races. Times like these make you think of all the times we've all done stupid things in our boats and made it out alive. These poor guys werent so lucky. RIP
Old 11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1

*united We Race*
Old 11-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cinzano....excellent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-7W2XeINg
Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Hey guys, all this bickering is fun, but maybe we should take this opportunity to be thankful that we are all still here and able to boat at all. There was a fatal boat accident in KW at the races. Times like these make you think of all the times we've all done stupid things in our boats and made it out alive. These poor guys werent so lucky. RIP
Agreed and well said! I love the banter it's fun but this is a pure tragedy, I hate when people get hurt doing something that I love. Thoughts and prayers to all the families and friends, may you have a lifetime of memories to ease your pain!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
LOl!!!
Yeah..you're pissed that potato chip crumbled! Now go sit in your ostrich skinned cabin & have a glass of whine with your pinky up!! Why don''t you put a chandelier in there? Don Aronow tribute edition OL my azz!!!!!! Lol!!!!!!
hey why don't you show the long video of that apache, I recall they were doing great but broke. that is what was said in the vid.. ps it was a 10 minute version and might of been of two races in that vid, I'll look for the name of it. its in my lib.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
hey why don't you show the long video of that apache, I recall they were doing great but broke. that is what was said in the vid.. ps it was a 10 minute version and might of been of two races in that vid, I'll look for the name of it. its in my lib.
I'm still looking for your other imaginary video of the OL running in 12' seas...I give up...you find them! I'll enjoy watching them. The Dude is having a white Russian!
Attached Thumbnails Who is Still making a non stepped hull?-22774826-22774828-large.jpg  

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 11-11-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
+2 So sad.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I'm still looking for your other imaginary video of the OL running in 12' seas...I give up...you find them! I'll enjoy watching them. The Dude is having a white Russian!
Apache 41 back in the day 3.44 seconds. they say it twice in the video they didn't finish. arrhhh. I 'll look for those on P1. over the last two years theres been two apaches traded in at OL. one from mass that joker owned ,not the boat Co. the guys name is Mark he did a restore on a 47 twin blown motors. it was the best looking apache I ever saw. but only ran a little over a 100 maybe 110 or so. the other was the uglest one ever built cold war, think it was 50 or 52 it had a bussel added on. that was there the year before I think. if I ever hit the lotto big money 50million or more, I would have SABER 47 or sutphen 40 built with a twin turbo 1800hp Arneson surface drive one with cabin. also a OL 47 or 50 for the days I want to stay dry with mikes new 1700hp whipples. a 46 skater turbine boat, like Gerry's KNOT RIGHT and a Donzi 72 sportfisher. for fishing and partys. so I'm not a hater see I said it. I'll go look for the video's name now.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Apache 41 back in the day 3.44 seconds. they say it twice in the video they didn't finish. arrhhh. I 'll look for those on P1. over the last two years theres been two apaches traded in at OL. one from mass that joker owned ,not the boat Co. the guys name is Mark he did a restore on a 47 twin blown motors. it was the best looking apache I ever saw. but only ran a little over a 100 maybe 110 or so. the other was the uglest one ever built cold war, think it was 50 or 52 it had a bussel added on. that was there the year before I think. if I ever hit the lotto big money 50million or more, I would have SABER 47 or sutphen 40 built with a twin turbo 1800hp Arneson surface drive one with cabin. also a OL 47 or 50 for the days I want to stay dry with mikes new 1700hp whipples. a 46 skater turbine boat, like Gerry's KNOT RIGHT and a Donzi 72 sportfisher. for fishing and partys. so I'm not a hater see I said it. I'll go look for the video's name now.
Stop dancing on the rings of Saturn.......
Just post the videos......Thank You!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
I have question for the Outerlimits owners or heirs to one

1. Who makes the fastest hull?

2. Who has the best hull construction?

3. Who has made the best rough water boats that have proven themselves?

4.Best riding boat?
Now there can be more then one answer for each question
Sorry Frank, I missed your efforts to poke the fire! Assuming you are referring to Vee's... I'll give my two cents (and it's probably not worth anything more than that, well other than the entertainment value out of firing up both you and Mr.Ed).

#1 and #2 I'd say the same company. OL and the reason is they're somewhat related... I think the latest OL hulls have proven to be probably the most efficient out there, seem to be rock solid at very high speeds, and due to the layup are extremely light and rigid. They've obviously come up with a hull design that works very well and they have the ability to work in epoxy/carbon and cook them in an autoclave... something almost no other vee bottom builder has at their facility. For this reason alone, they can produce a better racing hull than just about everyone out there by default. The performance advantage of bagged carbon/epoxy compared to our traditional glass resin buckets is staggering. With that said, the incredible stiffness also takes away from the forgivingness of the 'ride' as well, but that wasn't part of your criteria...

#3 and #4 are again related and I'd say hard to even quantify. If you want to look at offshore legends, the larger Apaches obviously would be a top contender. Their weight and size offers a much better (softer?) ride than a smaller and lighter boat. Obviously the longer and heavier you make a boat, the better the perceived ride will be in big water... With that said, that would not necessarily make them faster in big water, but the perceived ride would seem better to the human ping pong balls being tossed around in them. So if you're looking for the boats that have proven themselves in handling the big water and offering the best ride, I'd have to throw the CG cutters in as a top competitor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.