Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who is Still making a non stepped hull? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264222-who-still-making-non-stepped-hull.html)

cougarman 10-19-2011 05:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
few more of the 33' Cougar

cougarman 10-19-2011 05:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Dr. Bob out of Chicago restored this 38' Cougar a few years ago. He had options also to buy any boat he would like.

I'm guessing he had a very good reason for going this route.

May not be the fastest boat,..........but a great rough water boat.

Jon

cougarman 10-19-2011 05:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Check out the ghosting in the paint too ( Cougar head )

Dr. Bob is a heck of a guy and does everything first class.

And nooo it's not forsale :drink:

Jon

mikebrls 10-19-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 3531631)
few more of the 33' Cougar

this boat is great and must be very fast with those bbc in it :)

ActiveThunder 10-19-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baja555 (Post 3531028)
ask Brownie about putting inserts in an existing hull to make a step bottom..The bottom needs to be designed for steps not just put them in..

That's not correct.

Nauti Kitty 10-19-2011 07:06 PM

Both are sweet Cougars Jon
way to bring the thread back to the topic at hand

NK

Stormrider 10-19-2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 3531633)
May not be the fastest boat,..........but a great rough water boat.

Jon

Maybe because its the prettiest darn boat as it is just sitting at the dock.

raceboat rus 10-19-2011 08:24 PM

Its funny Steave Stepp is one of the people not makeing a nonstep hull. (Velocity)

jwp51 10-19-2011 08:44 PM

Our V-Hull boats are all flat hulls. We have a 30' just back from painting at TAOD and a 38' that is just out of glass shop.

If you have any interest or would like to have additional information, just let me know.

Jim

cig92 10-19-2011 10:42 PM

how about a 37 outerlimits single step? it acts as if it were a straight bottom up until about 70 mph or so, you get the best of both worlds, fast top end and great cruising speed with wave crushing abilities, also has a large cabin and don't forget about resale. if you really don't want steps then i would have to say a 38 cig or velocity. i have all of the above and they all run around the century mark, they are each unique in their own way but all great boats. i have been at 100 mph in the cig in 4-5's and would have a hard time finding the negative in that boat, flew straight as an arrow and landed silky smooth every time. the velocity runs about the same but with much less hp, like 700 less ponies. it is a race boat so that really isn't a fair comparison but it will crush waves with the best of them. there is no such thing as "too rough" for that boat or the other two for that matter. as for one boat on a poker run or the circuit running away from the others i would have to say that 90% of it goes to the driver.