Who is Still making a non stepped hull? >

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Notices

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Old 10-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
Maybe you should look back to the days when there were no steps , or even to the early days of steps, Richie Sutphen held the kilo record and his boats dominated most classes the ran in !
Fountains have won more races than any other v bottom boat builders ever Does that make them the best rough water stepped hull boats ever?
How does a kilo record translate into real everyday rough water ride?

NK
Old 10-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
most custom builder just put an insert in the non step hull's to make step's " cheaper then making complete new mold's , i think most custom builder's can take the insert out of there molds to make a non step bottom boat . if that's what you want

mike
For the record, I can only confirm one buidler that does this. There may be more, but I've never heard of such.

The advantage of this setup for us is we can tune each boat's step as needed based on options, power, and purchase purpose.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Fountains have won more races than any other v bottom boat builders ever Does that make them the best rough water stepped hull boats ever?
How does a kilo record translate into real everyday rough water ride?

NK
Back in the day 80's early 90's. The Sutphen is the fastest best riding and handling non step boat for the power. Any water you could run you old saber in or 41 Apache you could run TKO in.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
X2?
Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Why?
Well...stepped hulls have a tendancy to spin out easier than a traditional. Some are more likely to than others. I am no expert by any means but a stepped hull may or may not run faster (if not engineered or designed properly). Is it worth the tradeoff for a few MPH? Velocity does not seem to think so. Like I said, I am no expert and I in no way bashing stepped hulls.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
For the record, I can only confirm one buidler that does this. There may be more, but I've never heard of such.

The advantage of this setup for us is we can tune each boat's step as needed based on options, power, and purchase purpose.
there are few other builder's that can do this that have been mentioned on this thread already other then A.T.

IT'S just like some builder's will put a dam in a bigger boat to make a smaller version of it instead of building a whole new mold from scratch . it's a lot easier and cheaper this way unless you are mass producing boat's and not to many builder's are doing that .

mike
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Back in the day 80's early 90's. The Sutphen is the fastest best riding and handling non step boat for the power. Any water you could run you old saber in or 41 Apache you could run TKO in.
I didnt make any comment about other v bottoms other than to question someones opinion so I will ask you how many Apaches and 39 Sutphens with equal power you have had the opportinity to run in really rough water?

NK
Old 10-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Nauti Kitty;3530718]I didnt make any comment about other v bottoms other than to question someones opinion so I will ask you how many Apaches and 39 Sutphens with equal power you have had the opportinity to run in really rough water?

NK[/

I have not but have seen TkO and a Apache race in a good chop and the Apache had nothing for it. Boxer who made the comment has been racing Sutphen for over ten years and has run TkO and with many big Sutphen's in rough water.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

OK
How about we agree that there is more than one good rough water boat?

NK
Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
OK
How about we agree that there is more than one good rough water boat?

NK
There are alot of good rough water boats with and without steps.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Agreed

NK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.