Who is Still making a non stepped hull? >

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Notices

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
you have to ride in a 26/30/31/33 sutphen in 5 footer to get it. .
No offense to anyone on the board but I will never ride in a 26 sutphen in 5 foot seas

NK
Old 10-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Nauti Kitty;3531083]
Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I guess you never ran in a sutphen. /QUOTE]

Well see there you go.

Not once in any of my quotes have I said anything about a sutphen being bad. I merely questioned several comments in this thread about any definitive statement saying that a sutphen is easily the best rough water boat ever. Period.

Although I can not say for sure I am willing to bet that even though Boxer has gone over 70 in 10 foot waves in a smaller sutphen and run seas that sent all those crappy 42 tigers and outerlimits back in to port and that a sutphen is the only boat that can go race in 15' seas he has not owned a Cigarette, Outerlimits or an Apache

Riding next to another boat does not constitute irrefutable knowledge that your boat is better or worse than another persons boat. If another captain decides the seas are uncomfortable or unsafe to ride in for him and or his passengers and heads in it does not automatically mean his boat is incapable of running in those waves.

Riding in another persons boat is also not any qualification to state its the definitive rough water boat of all time. Particularily if you have not ridden in all the other options in similar water conditions. Driving another persons boat does not qualify either, in my book, as you never should drive another persons boat the same as you would drive your own, out of courtesy.

Boxer I thought sutphen made a 39' boat not a 38? Also do tell what power the "38" sutphen had that runs 105 and has plenty of power left to "pull away" from those other boats in 3-5 foot confused seas?

Simply commenting on all this factual information. Nothing else

NK
The original big Sutphen was a 38 Dominator. Then Richie designed a new deck and stretched the boat a foot, hence the 39 around 1990. Walter's boat is a 39, dubbed a 40, and is a one of a kind. The boat ran 112 or 113 with staggered 850-900hp motors in it. The boat is fast and runs very well. My buddy owned your old 42 Cig until it broke, then got himself an Outerlimits.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Walter's boat is a 39, dubbed a 40, and is a one of a kind.
Well there is the second one that was built and its in Delaware.So 2 of a kind.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

[QUOTE=OL40SVX;3531087]
Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty

The original big Sutphen was a 38 Dominator. Then Richie designed a new deck and stretched the boat a foot, hence the 39 around 1990. Walter's boat is a 39, dubbed a 40, and is a one of a kind. The boat ran 112 or 113 with staggered 850-900hp motors in it. The boat is fast and runs very well. My buddy owned your old 42 Cig until it broke, then got himself an Outerlimits.
Is this the same friend that has been contemplating moving into a Skater next?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=kreed;3531094]

Is this the same friend that has been contemplating moving into a Skater next?
He aint getting no Skater. Where's Jeff on this thread??
Old 10-19-2011, 07:53 AM

Don't quote me but Sunsation may be able to build a 32' with the old Dominator hull plug, I heard they still had it and could use it but everyone was buying the SS hull. They may of used the mold for something but worth a call.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=OL40SVX;3531087]
Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty

I remember the story on my old tiger I took him out for a ride one day before he bought it. Dead calm seas We had to hunt ferry wakes to get any air. I knew he bought a ol soon after Nice guy
How did Walters boat run so much faster than any other 39 sutphens with equal power?

NK
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Nauti Kitty;3531102]

I remember the story on my old tiger I took him out for a ride one day before he bought it. Dead calm seas We had to hunt ferry wakes to get any air. I knew he bought a ol soon after Nice guy
How did Walters boat run so much faster than any other 39 sutphens with equal power?

NK
Thats a secret, you'll have to ask Richie. It has to do with that molded in set back he designed. Not the best looking thing but it worsks. Also im sure newer prop technology helped as well and alot of set-up time.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

[QUOTE=OL40SVX;3531096]
Originally Posted by kreed

He aint getting no Skater. Where's Jeff on this thread??
Hahahaha! I dont think you need/want his support!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I have never posted before largely because of this type of discussion. Who's the best? I didn't say that, I meant this! Geeeez, give me a break. The point being made by ol40svx and boxer is that Sutphen has proven it can run in some pretty nasty stuff. I have owned a 30' Sutphen and have been out in seas I should not have been out in. I am thankfull I was in a Sutphen. For lack of another way of saying it "a Sutphen takes care of you". They come off waves and land straight. I know that comment will bring more negative comments, but so be it. With that said I presently own a 1992 39' Sutphen. It is a production pleasure boat and I am just an everyday driver. I can tell you right now I will go out in any water that nauti kitty or whoever will go out in. Apples to apples power wise I am sure I will keep up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.