Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Notices

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Old 10-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by benjen
Hey 4195, I clearly stated earlier in this blog (39' Sutphen) that I would go out with any one, in any water and I am sure I will keep up (comparable boat/power of course). I am not stating an opinion and arguing it like it was a fact. I am done for this season, but remember this for next season. I am in MA. so your not far away. Your welcome up here any time.
Okay big guy bring that boat down here to Long Island sound and we will run the boats to Block and back or Montauk and back to the river. For the record I did not say anything about my boat being the fastest or the best in rough water but know that you have thrown down a challenge I say bring it on. By the way make sure you re up your Tow Boat US membership cause I am not bringing you in. I only wish I still had my Cafe for this run I would make you feel even worse.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Oh yeah you said comparible boat in size and power correct?? 42 with little motors running just a hair over 600 hp. I think this should work right?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Whoa 4195, you get fired up easy don't you? I didn't say anything about being the fastest or best either. I was referring to 2 points made in this blog (which by the way started with some body asking a pretty simple question about who still makes non stepped bottoms?). One: that a Sutphen is great big water boat. So, that is where I was coming from. No bragging, just fact. We can go out in any water that makes sense (obviously I am not suicidal and looking for the next storm to boat in) and run pretty close to flat out. Two: the reference that implied the Sutphen guys say we run "X speed" in "X water". I didn't see where that was mentioned and just wanted to point out that I had already said I would go out and show whoever questioned the capability of a Sutphen.
Now I have to ask why should I come to you when you are questioning me? The south side of the Cape in the summer is pretty much trash all the time. Ask the sanctioning bodies that tried 2 straight years to run a race there. If I remember one year they cut the laps in half and the next year they cut the laps down and canceled the smaller classes. Never came back! So, lets just go there. And by comparable boats I meant all v bottoms in comparable length and power.................in this case 38'-42'.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Benjen
What setup do you have in your sutphen if you dont mind me asking Power side by side ect. Just curious, this has nothing to do with any challenges or opinions.
NK
Old 10-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered

No problem. Side by side power, although I certainly wish they were staggered. Blower motors around 1000 hp and no 6drives
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by benjen
Whoa 4195, you get fired up easy don't you? I didn't say anything about being the fastest or best either. I was referring to 2 points made in this blog (which by the way started with some body asking a pretty simple question about who still makes non stepped bottoms?). One: that a Sutphen is great big water boat. So, that is where I was coming from. No bragging, just fact. We can go out in any water that makes sense (obviously I am not suicidal and looking for the next storm to boat in) and run pretty close to flat out. Two: the reference that implied the Sutphen guys say we run "X speed" in "X water". I didn't see where that was mentioned and just wanted to point out that I had already said I would go out and show whoever questioned the capability of a Sutphen.
Now I have to ask why should I come to you when you are questioning me? The south side of the Cape in the summer is pretty much trash all the time. Ask the sanctioning bodies that tried 2 straight years to run a race there. If I remember one year they cut the laps in half and the next year they cut the laps down and canceled the smaller classes. Never came back! So, lets just go there. And by comparable boats I meant all v bottoms in comparable length and power.................in this case 38'-42'.
When you say the water is trash, you talkin 2 to 4's or 4 to 6's or bigger? I hear stories of pleasure boaters on here all the time say they run 80+ in 6 foot seas. Im not sayin you, but lots dont know how big /deep a 6 7 or 8 foot sea is IMO...... I LOVE the 31 ft Boxer boat, but hes on here sayin he runs WFO in 8 ft seas blowing away 42Tigers with 1200's and 40 OL with 1200's...in big water. So to alot of people it sounds alittle far fetched. Again, I know the Boxer boat and have seen it may times, its cool as sh!t and I know its fast. But we've all been hearing some tall tales from Sutphen guys lately. I mean if what hes sayin is true, then hes also kickin the crap out of your 39 with 1000HP blower motors too, right? In 8 footers?....Now Im not speaking for 4195 here, but I think the Super Sutphen talk finally made him snap, there has been alot of Sutphen smack talkin on AND OFF the boards lately because of these super accomplishments that only Sutphens are achieving. With that being said and Sutphen being the best flat bottom boat made...who's got one for sale? I want one!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kreed Thats exactly why I commented at all but rereading benjens post I see he wrote a sutphen is A great rough water boat. That to me is completely different and it would be fun to see these two have a freindly run against each other. Totally different in my eyes than what was said emphatically earlier in the thread by others.

Sounds like a great ride BenJen

NK
Old 10-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Okay big guy bring that boat down here to Long Island sound and we will run the boats to Block and back or Montauk and back to the river. For the record I did not say anything about my boat being the fastest or the best in rough water but know that you have thrown down a challenge I say bring it on. By the way make sure you re up your Tow Boat US membership cause I am not bringing you in. I only wish I still had my Cafe for this run I would make you feel even worse.
His boat has #6's that will last and was from CT originally that used to kick everyone's a** down here! Kenny M's. boat. Frank, dont even think your Cafe could run with that 39 with 900's. Also im pretty sure none of you(ie Frank and Kevin) have never actually been in a Sutphen, Jeff doesnt count, with someone that knows what they're doing besides Nauti Kitty, cause he owned one.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 10-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Ok, truthfully I was getting a bit fed up with this back and forth bull and thought I would just go back to my old ways of just reading, but not posting. But, since I am in this one I will answer Kreed's question as best I can. A normal summer day boating in the water south of Cape Cod is, in MY opinion 2 to 3 footers. 3 to 4 is certainly not out of the question. This is absolute crap, chop coming at you in an ever changing direction, not nice "rollers". It certainly is not unusual to leave in this kind of water and get caught on the return trip in bigger stuff. 6 foot? I don't know that is really big. I believe I have been caught in water that big and to a point the faster you go the better. But, wide open throttle, no.
NK, thanks you seem to read what I write the way I do mean it. Thanks again for the positive comments and yes the Sutphen is a nice ride.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.