Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sad Times For Ex-Mercury Marine Employee's? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264278-sad-times-ex-mercury-marine-employees.html)

Quinlan 10-22-2011 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=ZP'd;3533102]Really? If you can afford the cig you can afford Merc Chit who pay Americans a middle class wage. The Class that is the economy of the Country.

Believe me I have bought Plenty of Merc chit for the Cig.
Around $300.00 or something stupid for t stat housings!
Over $20k for chit XR gears.

Anyway didn't mean for this to go union Non union cause we can argue that over a beer in KW.
Fact is I know Several good guys in Stillwter that need jobs!!!

ECeptor 10-22-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Quinlan (Post 3533850)

From one of my buddies who is at CNH Wichita:
"CNH (Case New Holland) designs, tests and manufactures skid steer/compact track loaders in Wichita, KS. We currently have a number of job openings in New Product Development, Product Validation, Manufacturing and Quality. If you are looking for a new job or know of someone looking, have them contact me. Job openings can be viewed at www.cnh.com"

I worked there for 10 years and it's a good place to work and I think marine experience would tie in nicely with the construction equipment they build. I am no longer living in Kansas, so I'm not sure how to connect those who need jobs to those who have openings.

Suggestions?

Scabby Jack 10-22-2011 01:50 PM

Do you have the link to the quote ECeptor from CNH? I want to forward that...Thanks

ECeptor 10-22-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scabby Jack (Post 3533962)
Do you have the link to the quote ECeptor from CNH? I want to forward that...Thanks

It's my buddies facebook status, so unfortunately I do not have a link that is public. I did contact him and tell him about the Merc guys. Hopefully the word will get to the correct people.

Scabby Jack 10-23-2011 06:40 PM

Thanks, I'm passing it on...

ZP'd 10-23-2011 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Quinlan;3533850]

Originally Posted by ZP'd (Post 3533102)
Really? If you can afford the cig you can afford Merc Chit who pay Americans a middle class wage. The Class that is the economy of the Country.

Believe me I have bought Plenty of Merc chit for the Cig.
Around $300.00 or something stupid for t stat housings!
Over $20k for chit XR gears.

Anyway didn't mean for this to go union Non union cause we can argue that over a beer in KW.

Hell I never even mentioned Union and now I'm a liberal extrememist. LMAO! Somone needs to shut off Rush once in a while it appears!
I have always had very good luck with Mercruiser, engines and their parts for the most part. And I don't mind paying knowing it's supporting the middle class American factory worker.
Hopefully ALL the Stillwater employes can find work that does more then barely cover the bills.