Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sebastian to Fort Pierce next weekend?? >

Sebastian to Fort Pierce next weekend??

Notices

Sebastian to Fort Pierce next weekend??

Old 10-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts
Default Sebastian to Fort Pierce next weekend??

Here's what I'm thinking... (October 15th)

Since we brought gas home in the Sonic (against my religion) we may top off and burn it all next weekend, especially if the Ziemers make it over w/their new museum piece.
Thinking a fun trip my be out the Sebastian Inlet (depending on conditions), south to the Fort Pierce Inlet (beach time on way), in to the cove where they attract as many revelers as the sand bar at the Sebastian Inlet, hang there a couple hrs, then north up the I.C. , stop at Riverside cafe for lunch then the rest of the way back north through millionaires row on the I.C. to Sebastian. The 9 miles from Riverside up the I.C. is past some of the nicest houses on the water that you will see in all of Fla.
Would be a 45ish mile trip??
Could also end the trip back at the Sebastian Inlet Sand bar.

Maybe even do the bon fire in our back yard that Saturday night.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 10-08-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love to Gary, but we are running the west coast next weekend.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

We may be able to do that trip Gary... can I launch in fresh water nearby? Sebastion river or? Sounds like a blast shoot me an email underdogracing at yahoo

Last edited by Underdog88; 10-10-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We will be over there for sure! Brought the new ride home today. Not sure if I want to make a long trip just yet, simply cuz this will be the shake down run. I may be able to dump it in East Lake prior to Saturday, but it's not looking promising. I am busier than hell at work...plus, I wanna do all the basics prior to the weekend, water pumps, drive oil, engine oil, etc...

Either way, we will definitely be at the sandbar if nothing else. Can't wait for you to see it. Steve and Kenny were impressed by it this morning...

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Here's what I'm thinking... (October 15th)

Since we brought gas home in the Sonic (against my religion) we may top off and burn it all next weekend, especially if the Ziemers make it over w/their new museum piece.
Thinking a fun trip my be out the Sebastian Inlet (depending on conditions), south to the Fort Pierce Inlet (beach time on way), in to the cove where they attract as many revelers as the sand bar at the Sebastian Inlet, hang there a couple hrs, then north up the I.C. , stop at Riverside cafe for lunch then the rest of the way back north through millionaires row on the I.C. to Sebastian. The 9 miles from Riverside up the I.C. is past some of the nicest houses on the water that you will see in all of Fla.
Would be a 45ish mile trip??
Could also end the trip back at the Sebastian Inlet Sand bar.

Maybe even do the bon fire in our back yard that Saturday night.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Registered

Great news from Jeff and Mark.

Mark, closest we have to "fresh" water is the ramp at the Sebastian Yacht Club on the river right in the middle of town. Brackish water, think salt light Don't worry, my trailer is steel and has only been in that water or salt since I re-did it and it's fine. Trick is to take a hose and muffs w/you everywhere you go.
Flush the motors and the trailer.

Jeff, congrats! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see the new boat. Heck, I don't think you've seen mine either?
Totally understand the shake down issues. If the weather is decent we are going to do it since it ran so good in the Keys.
Plus it's a bit easier navigating this route than where we just were

Plans are to head out Sebastian Inlet Saturday morning/noon and head south. Once a few miles south, there is uninhabited beach area that you can back in/anchor off of. Have a couple of pops, enjoy the view then back on the road.
All goes well, cruise between 40 - 50 (where everyone is happy) to Fort Pierce Inlet and head in there.
The cove where everyone hangs out is just inside the inlet and attracts a couple hundred boats on nice weekends.
From there, about a mile (no wake) west to the I.C. and then head north.
If we/everyone is into it we can stop at Riverside Cafe at Vero Beach for lunch. Nice place on the water w/decent docks but may require rafting depending on if/who goes.
From there north through all the millionaires back yards. I'm told some of these folks spend thousands $$ per mnth just in landscaping. Some on corner lots w/statues, pools, etc, etc.
Would hazard to guess w/the several acre lots (w/o the house) are worth on the water front
Definitely a fun area to slow for pix's.
From there probably end up back at the Sebastian Inlet sand bar.
May have to stop at Suzy's Tiki Bar (Sebastian) on the way past though.
They just got their liquor license and will have a band.
Killer pizza right across the street as well too.

Depending on weather, we are going for sure and looking forward to it. Boat only needs fuel/$$$.

Dean........????

Mark, pm w/contact info on it's way.

Any one else interested let me know if you need more info.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 10-11-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Great news from Jeff and Mark.

Mark, closest we have to "fresh" water is the ramp at the Sebastian Yacht Club on the river right in the middle of town. Brackish water, think salt light Don't worry, my trailer is steel and has only been in that water or salt since I re-did it and it's fine. Trick is to take a hose and muffs w/you everywhere you go.
Flush the motors and the trailer.

Jeff, congrats! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see the new boat. Heck, I don't think you've seen mine either?
Totally understand the shake down issues. If the weather is decent we are going to do it since it ran so good in the Keys.
Plus it's a bit easier navigating this route than where we just were

Plans are to head out Sebastian Inlet Saturday morning/noon and head south. Once a few miles south, there is uninhabited beach area that you can back in/anchor off of. Have a couple of pops, enjoy the view then back on the road.
All goes well, cruise between 40 - 50 (where everyone is happy) to Fort Pierce Inlet and head in there.
The cove where everyone hangs out is just inside the inlet and attracts a couple hundred boats on nice weekends.
From there, about a mile (no wake) west to the I.C. and then head north.
If we/everyone is into it we can stop at Riverside Cafe at Vero Beach for lunch. Nice place on the water w/decent docks but may require rafting depending on if/who goes.
From there north through all the millionaires back yards. I'm told some of these folks spend thousands $$ per mnth just in landscaping. Some on corner lots w/statues, pools, etc, etc.
Would hazard to guess w/the several acre lots (w/o the house) are worth on the water front
Definitely a fun area to slow for pix's.
From there probably end up back at the Sebastian Inlet sand bar.
May have to stop at Suzy's Tiki Bar (Sebastian) on the way past though.
They just got their liquor license and will have a band.
Killer pizza right across the street as well too.

Depending on weather, we are going for sure and looking forward to it. Boat only needs fuel/$$$.

Dean........????

Mark, pm w/contact info on it's way.

Any one else interested let me know if you need more info.
Twin,
I'll see what if anything we have planned this weekend, we just got back from the Bahamas this past weekend, took the Disney Dream over, man that boat is over the top.
Thanks for the invite.
Dean
Old 10-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Registered

Default Very cool!

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
T just got back from the Bahamas this past weekend, took the Disney Dream over, man that boat is over the top.
Thanks for the invite.
Dean
We are planning a cruise for first of yr. Probably drive to your hood sunday to watch the ships leave.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Twin,
Just talked with HQ and she reminded me that we have Family coming into town Sat. Afternoon....... So we won't be able to make this time.
Dean
Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a cruise for first of yr. Probably drive to your hood sunday to watch the ships leave.
call me this time if you do!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

If I can get everything ready in time, we may come Friday since it's 2 hrs driving and looking into the State Park Marina.

I was also recomended a County Park Boat Launch. Dale Wimbrow County Park on the Seb River. Do you know it?

I'm doing some homework today... Be good to see you again!
Mark ,Becky and Abby the dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.