Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Because the waves were Bigger back then ;) >

Because the waves were Bigger back then ;)

Notices

Because the waves were Bigger back then ;)

Old 10-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=CigDaze;3532218]Awesome shots!!! You go, guys.
There are those of us who write the future and then there are those who write history books; they are the same people who just simply don't know how to cope with the expiration of their relevance and they are sadly relegated to languishing in the dismal past.

that just about covers every man in every sport since time began .

It,s a disease called aging, You will probably catch it as well
I hope

Last edited by bobo; 10-21-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

BLee Thanks for the kind words and right back at ya. You still own my personal best for fastest ride ever in your capable hands.

I was thinking the other day during a different thread about people going out in rough water ect and all you racers can surely attest to this. Even though I love going out in big waves I always have the opportunity to dial it back, change course and just in general push it as far as I am comfortable with considering my skills and my boat Racers dont have that luxury. They go in the direction they need to go regardless of the conditions as fast as they can and that can make big waves far more dangerous than the same waves we weekend boaters run. It gives every one of them the title of big balls champs regardless whether they are running 60-70 in smaller boats or 150 in the big dogs. Hats off to the skills all of you possess to make that commitment now and in the past.
As a side note, although I have never raced and never will I have met and watched a lot of racers and ask any of them that have ever raced on Lake Michigan, Huron and Erie and they probably have a story about the waves. Not a 133 feet mind you but fairly significant nontheless.

NK
Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
After spending last night with the OFF participants last night, and in years past, getting to know the Odell Lewises, the Brownies, Bobby Saccente, Rich Lhrs etc. I can honestly say offshore racers of today and yesterday are all cut from the same cloth and I am a huge fan of them and the racers of today.

Scotty B
Do some of them seem "bitter"?
Old 10-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Do some of them seem "bitter"?
You are such a s-disturber.

It's one of your more admirable qualities.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
You are such a s-disturber.

It's one of your more admirable qualities.
What?
Old 10-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmLp_bZ9uAo&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

Brownie at work.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rough water, rough guys

Remember in the movie, "The Perfect Storm", in the last couple of minutes of the movie, whe the Andrea Gale was climbing the vetrical face of the big wave? If you looked real close, on the back side of that wave, Odell Lewis and Mel Riggs were fishing in a 14' skiff............
Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Hmmmm..Have they changed all that much? I've thrown in some pics of the "old bears" ....btw Odel's still got that bear and he's trying to pawn it off on us......we want nothing to do with it.
Funny!! Great water by the way! Keep kicking butt!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:45 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

In the spirit of cooperation between the ages may I say that I agree with each of you........

Except the dumb ones.

T2x
Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Remember in the movie, "The Perfect Storm", in the last couple of minutes of the movie, whe the Andrea Gale was climbing the vetrical face of the big wave? If you looked real close, on the back side of that wave, Odell Lewis and Mel Riggs were fishing in a 14' skiff............
Brownie you are easily the funniest part of this thread. Thanks for the laughs and for being a part of such a cool sport!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.