Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best all around boat around 30' (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264548-best-all-around-boat-around-30-a.html)

Mastercraft240 10-28-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ted G (Post 3538236)
FIFY:lolhit:

All very true. That being said if I were in the
Market for a y2k I'd take a look at jonnys superboat with the 525. Clean and fast boat!!

Dave M 10-28-2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240 (Post 3538338)
I'd take a look at jonnys superboat with the 525. Clean and fast boat!!

That is a nice boat!

BTW, I am a Kryptonite fan too. The only show stopper for me is the cabin headroom. Not that I use my cabin much, but when I had my 24 Super, my wife got tired of having her head between her knees when trying to use the pottie.

onesickpantera 10-28-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240 (Post 3538230)
Define frills? I have pretty much everything I'd need in my kryptonite minus a generator. Stereo, underwater leds, storage, cupholders, ridiculous jl audio sound system with ipod hookup..... and still a 90mph with 650hp. The only thing that kept me away from the y2k was the 7 foot beam and speed limitations. A 7 foot beam gets real hard to balance for a begginner. It's downright annoying when your idling and the boats leaning hard to one side. And if you want to go faster than 85, its not really meant to do that. You'd need monster hp to get it moving. However, if your simply looking to go offshore it is a monster. It will leave most boats, including the kryptonite, pantera, active thunder, activator(maybe)....in the dust.

Oh man I opened a can of worms and I like the "no frills" boats I mentioned! Frills to me is AC, fridge, enclosed head, dvd player, tv, microwave, etc.

Dave M 10-28-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by onesickpantera (Post 3538425)
Oh man I opened a can of worms and I like the "no frills" boats I mentioned! Frills to me is AC, fridge, enclosed head, dvd player, tv, microwave, etc.

I knew what you meant.

Here's my .02 as far as that list goes....:party-smiley-004:

AC - I don't overnight much, but if I did, it would be nice.

Fridge - How long does it take for them to get cold?, how long can you run them without being plugged in? A cooler works for me.

Enclosed head = Close the cabin door

DVD, TV - If I wanted to watch TV, I would just stay home. I do have a portable DVD player that I could use to keep the kids quiet.

Microwave - Really? How often you going to use that?

If you wanted all that stuff in a Y2K, except for the enclosed head, it could be done.

ZP'd 10-28-2011 09:29 AM

Not sure by his list he'd consider a sit down boat. If I was to buy a sit down boat it'd be a cat since obviously your not going to be "that" interested in Cabin room or head clearance gaining access to cabin. At least in every sitdown V I've ever seen.

Bar none the Sunsation will have the best Customer Service by far, used or not. Great guys that walk the talk.
Something thats worth more then it may sound when you just want even a simple question answered by the Manufacture.

Pull off the dash panel and everything is neatly tied and loomed. They do a awesome job in rigging and better to much better then most on your current list. Good access to the Cabin/porta potty your wife will be using as well! :drink:

soldier4402 10-28-2011 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 3538462)
I knew what you meant.

Fridge - How long does it take for them to get cold?, how long can you run them without being plugged in? A cooler works for me.

DVD, TV - If I wanted to watch TV, I would just stay home. I do have a portable DVD player that I could use to keep the kids quiet.

If you wanted all that stuff in a Y2K, except for the enclosed head, it could be done.

Why have all that chit in a boat? Unless you spent the weekend in it dang near every weekend? More crap to break, takes up room and adds weight

onesickpantera 10-28-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by soldier4402 (Post 3538509)
Why have all that chit in a boat? Unless you spent the weekend in it dang near every weekend? More crap to break, takes up room and adds weight

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 3538462)
I knew what you meant.

I agree with you guys, especially on the more stuff to break! But many people do want at least some of those things. Personally I don't, but we all have different needs and wants from our boat.

My original point was directed at someone that said the Y2K must be a good performer because they didn't see any other attraction(or something like that). My response was it was a good performer without a lot of frills. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way, just pointing out they usually are equipped with the basics and perform well. Which is all many(myself included) want out of a boat.

I am a huge fan of the "F1" sit-down type boats with good performance from a single.

ar15meister 10-28-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by onesickpantera (Post 3538553)
I agree with you guys, especially on the more stuff to break! But many people do want at least some of those things. Personally I don't, but we all have different needs and wants from our boat.

My original point was directed at someone that said the Y2K must be a good performer because they didn't see any other attraction(or something like that). My response was it was a good performer without a lot of frills. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way, just pointing out they usually are equipped with the basics and perform well. Which is all many(myself included) want out of a boat.

I am a huge fan of the "F1" sit-down type boats with good performance from a single.

F1 Sit down boats? Remember what boat smoked them all!

;)

They arent the fastest but man are they fun if the water gets nasty out here on Lake Ontario.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...boating030.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...s_IMG00673.jpg

ar15meister 10-28-2011 11:31 AM

and lots of space for the ladies up in Muskoka....

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...25033_5956.jpg