Notices

Best all around boat around 30'

Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaDream07
Don't want to go much over 30' because I will be trailering the boat. Correct me if I'm wrong but for where I will be boating, I don't think boat length will be as important as it would be at LOTO.

And I say the small block would be more economical insurance wise compared to the 496 HO's that run mid 80's. I haven't gotten an estimate but I would assume the HO's would raise insurance
Boy Baja Dream, did you open the hornets nest. I still think you need to clarify who will be on the boat, wife? kids? and will you be overnighting. Again in my mind that is key to making the best choice for a 30' boat.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
30` step bottom single screw mfg by superboat
must be a good performer I see no other attraction
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

29 Kryptonite. kthanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is a few pages long now. To be completely honest after riding in Fountains (35) Activethunders (32) Sunsations (32) I bought mine for the ride. Yes a 33 Powerplay. Hands down it is the most capable and comfortable boat in its size. I'll be glad to let you talk to any of my friends with other boats and they will tell you the same...
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Lots to read!!! Thanks for the responses. Many good opinions to read through. Just me and the wife on board and any friends we bring along. I don't want to narrow it down too much now. I have all winter to read up and look around.

And just to elaborate, I know boating is not cheap by any means. I am not planning on getting all of my money back when I decide to sell the boat or anything crazy like that. I just need to be able to justify the gas/maintenance bills and boat note. I can't see getting (for example) a 33 ft baja with twin 496 HOs to run in rivers 40%-50% of the time. Nothing against baja. I would just like a boat with an efficient hull that handles the water well that I feel comfortable in running across lake Pontchartrain in most conditions. And I would say in my situation cruise speed is more important that top speed.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots to read!!! Thanks for the responses. Many good opinions to read through. Just me and the wife on board and any friends we bring along. I don't want to narrow it down too much now. I have all winter to read up and look around.

And just to elaborate, I know boating is not cheap by any means. I am not planning on getting all of my money back when I decide to sell the boat or anything crazy like that. I just need to be able to justify the gas/maintenance bills and boat note. I can't see getting (for example) a 33 ft baja with twin 496 HOs to run in rivers 40%-50% of the time. Nothing against baja. I would just like a boat with an efficient hull that handles the water well that I feel comfortable in running across lake Pontchartrain in most conditions. And I would say in my situation cruise speed is more important that top speed.
I may be biased but if you want to spend 40-60k and want a great hull with the performance go Fountain. You will get the newest boat with that money.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I may be biased but if you want to spend 40-60k and want a great hull with the performance go Fountain. You will get the newest boat with that money.
Fountain is a nice boat except the gay lefty throttle.
I could never get past that, but some people have nbd.
To me it'd b like jerkin off w the opposite hand, I could get the job done but it'd never feel right
Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered

If you want a boat that is comfortable in most conditions.... you're looking at 35ft+, and that'd be borderline. And if you apply this to fountain, this would be their 38footer.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

So is over nighting a big concern....
Old 10-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Over nighting is not a concern. With the heat humidity in Louisiana I don't plan on the weather being right for over nighting very often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.