If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    26' Eliminator Daytona
    LOTO 35mm Summer Place
    Congrats Brendan, that is a hell of an accomplishment!!

My Boats:
    Throttleman 36 Cig Gladiator "Unleashed"... Fast 33' Outlaw(sold)... Slow 40' Express Cruiser... 18' Kustom Cat... Pair of Kawasaki Ultra 150's... Superjet
    Traverse City MI
    I  Voted
    I am so jelous and happy for you at the same time! Awesome project and thanks for the updates. Threads like these are why we all are addicted to OSO!

My Boats:
    29' FOUNTAIN 525SC
    Washington, IL
    Way cool!! Congrats on your success.
    You can always retake a class, but you can never relive a party.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Young Performance's Avatar
    This project is cool on so many levels. Congrats on thinking out of the box and staying with it until it was successful. Don't you just love doing stuff that hasn't been done or that supposedly couldn't be done? I know I do.
    Awesome stuff.

Arlington Tx
    Quote Originally Posted by psi View Post
    Good to see you know your 2J's, the motor is built but with a factory 3.0L crankshaft...camshafts arent to aggrexive cause it only aggravates the hole getting on plane issue...I totally had to revamp my way of thinking, in comparison to my drag racing history cause so much of that just doesnt apply....its been a crazy learning curve and a hole lotta patience but I cant be happier with the outcome.... I know they take some serious abuse with stock internals but we all know that in the marine world, stresses on a engine are far worse then any automotive comparison. its been the same engine since day 1 and I knew from when I started this that there is no better 6 cylinder that could handle this kind of abuse continually...ill keep posting up progress guys...
    If you want to beef up your metal you might look at stress-relief shaking or cryogenics. Both methods make the metal harder so it call handle higher stresses.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    2008 Eliminator Daytona 25 6 cylinder TURBO!!
    @BgBoost1.....Thanks, appreciate it!!

@offshorexcursion...I guess the jealous part I can take for a compliment, but trust mee, you wouldnt of been jealous about a year ago when I was chasing my tail with nothing but problems....patience was key!!

@dykstra....Thank You!!

@young Performance(eddie)....Hey thanks for the kind words, always means alot when it comes from smone as reputable as yourself...I cant explain the gratification it gave mee when I seen that # on the GPS....completely blown away...made all the pain and suffering definitely worth it...

@Catmando....Thanks for the link....the components in the engine are after market high quality components, there are some factory pieces that do worry mee, but I do have other aftermarket options...It really all depends how much more RPM I plan on pushing it and the power output at that RPM is gonna determine how much more or longer they will live...

BTW...I wanted to just fill everyone in on something...Ive been following post on removing the Diffuser from the bravo props and I can tell you guys that I did it and didnt see any negetaive affects from it...I did not test back to back situations, but judging from the top speed # and How stable the boat felt at speed and have to say Thumbs up from my stand point!!

Thanks again,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123