Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   GTMM 39’ In Production at Mystic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264660-gtmm-39%92-production-mystic.html)

customryder 10-28-2011 05:12 PM

Good Luck Nice looking boat

Catmando 10-28-2011 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith76 (Post 3538751)
OK as of today all the correct information is on the second Post. Thanks for following, we are having fun doing this. We want to show that when the High Performance Industry returns (soon) we did not wait. We will be in the thick of things showing what a perfect- beautiful performance boat can be.

What about a center console? I think the transom looks great as is. The bustle I saw looked terrible, ruined the lines of the boat IMO.

chris@uga 10-28-2011 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith76 (Post 3536203)
Safe, fun and you can turn them without flipping them.

Is that a shot across the bow at OL? Didn't they have a boat or two flip?

ssmith76 10-29-2011 02:37 PM

Flipping

NEVER EVER EVER, has a Dragon flipped, let alone spin out. I have followed every New and Old Dragon owners. I know them ALL. Again NEVER.
The P-1 race boat, "ARPRO" then "Extreme" raced in Seas we used to run in here in the US, sometimes 6'-8' and bigger . They won almost every race and 2 Championships, and never came close to flipping let alone spinning running insanely hard.
FYI

CIG3 10-30-2011 07:25 AM

No shot against any company. The point is that the design is going to provide a great fast and safe boat. Step bottom designs have a tendency to be a little tricky toturn causing some accidents in the past.

Not only will the 27' and 39' GTMM be designed safe. Each boat will be tested and each new owner will have to oportunity to run their boat with GTMM crew to learn how every system works and how to run the boat safely in any condition.

Enough 4 Play 10-30-2011 07:37 AM

Flipping and rolling are 2 different things. Take a look at the video that Dan posted on page 34 or 35 on the Don Aronow tribute boat. It is unbelievable to see how hard the SV43 can turn at high speed. You can roll any V with or without step bottom if turn it wrong.

Smarty 10-30-2011 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by ssmith76 (Post 3539312)
NEVER EVER EVER, has a Dragon flipped, let alone spin out. I have followed every New and Old Dragon owners. I know them ALL. Again NEVER.
The P-1 race boat, "ARPRO" then "Extreme" raced in Seas we used to run in here in the US, sometimes 6'-8' and bigger . They won almost every race and 2 Championships, and never came close to flipping let alone spinning running insanely hard.
FYI

That is an outstanding claim (never a spin-out), and a great selling point. Not all high-end performance boat manufacturers can make that claim.

I think the boat looks great.

ssmith76 10-31-2011 09:06 AM

Thanks

Thanks for all the Support we will NOT let you down.
Scott

I do think most spins, flips, rolls ETC are due to Driver error. Or having not been properly trained as how to operate the vessel. Each boat make, model and length operates different- so learn your boat, before you take friends out. If not you will lose friends who will no longer wish to boat with you again.
My 2 cents anyway.