Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   GTMM 39’ In Production at Mystic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264660-gtmm-39%92-production-mystic.html)

Matt Trulio 10-24-2011 03:34 PM

GTMM 39’ In Production at Mystic

Just in, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...at-mystic.html.

marine concepts 10-24-2011 06:56 PM

needs a bussell

SS930 10-24-2011 07:33 PM

Looks impressive, although I would agree the bussle would be a nice addition.

As I've said in the GTMM section, the company REALLY should consider a new name... GTMM (if I even have that right) hardly rolls off the tongue, it certainly isn't a name that's easily memorable, it doesn't inspire, doesn't make me think fast sexy boats, or even remotely get my blood pumping. Even the logo leaves something to be desired. Crappy marketing IMO.

With that said, I love the old Dragon hull/lines and very much look forward seeing a new boat come out of GMTM. :cool:

Matt Trulio 10-24-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3535752)
Looks impressive, although I would agree the bussle would be a nice addition.

As I've said in the GTMM section, the company REALLY should consider a new name... GTMM (if I even have that right) hardly rolls off the tongue, it certainly isn't a name that's easily memorable, it doesn't inspire, doesn't make me think fast sexy boats, or even remotely get my blood pumping. Even the logo leaves something to be desired. Crappy marketing IMO.

With that said, I love the old Dragon hull/lines and very much look forward seeing a new boat come out of GMTM. :cool:

For me, the part of the news I found surprising was the "conventional lay-up" aspect. I had assumed (incorrectly) that it would be composite.

As for the name ... no opinion.

SS930 10-24-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3535771)
For me, the part of the news I found surprising was the "conventional lay-up" aspect. I had assumed (incorrectly) that it would be composite.

As for the name ... no opinion.

That surprised me as well.

BTW, no opinion or no comment? :grinser010:
In your business, you probably shouldn't either way. ;)

Enough 4 Play 10-24-2011 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by marine concepts (Post 3535723)
needs a bussell

Agreed the bussell looks fantastic. The cut down windshiled improves the look 1000%.

SLOWRIDE-388 10-24-2011 08:11 PM

Looks pretty cool. Nice to see some smaller boats in the mix.

Matt Trulio 10-25-2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3535790)
That surprised me as well.

BTW, no opinion or no comment? :grinser010:
In your business, you probably shouldn't either way. ;)

Well, in my business I can write commentary on "big picture" subjects if it's clearly labeled as such, and it is, but you're right, commenting on company or model names isn't such a hot idea. For me.

Look forward to seeing these products, regardless of name.

ssmith76 10-25-2011 11:16 AM

Ok

Well the word is out.
We will keep the name.
As far as the pictures the new 39' will be a twin step not the 3 steps. We want this to be fast but not dangerous for our clients. As far as the bussle, it does look cool. It will be offered as a option. I come from the old school of boat building. Safe, fun and you can turn them without flipping them.
So come see us in Miami, see what Giovanni and I have lived for our entire lives. Perfection not a Production lined boat.

ssmith76 10-28-2011 04:01 PM

Follow Up

OK as of today all the correct information is on the second Post. Thanks for following, we are having fun doing this. We want to show that when the High Performance Industry returns (soon) we did not wait. We will be in the thick of things showing what a perfect- beautiful performace boat can be.