Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette Unveils 39’ Top Gun Open (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264753-cigarette-unveils-39%92-top-gun-open.html)

Boomer35 10-27-2011 06:17 AM

Most the people i know, and its only a few, moved from a true go fast to a CC for everything BUT fishing. Easy Maint, easy to clean, head, family use, just all around better fitting boat..

I'd find it hard to believe anyone buying a Nortech CC, Cig top fish or new 39 CC, Spectre CC, OL CC is buying them to fish.. They'd be buying a real fishing CC, Contender, etc..

CigDaze 10-27-2011 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer35 (Post 3537635)
Most the people i know, and its only a few, moved from a true go fast to a CC for everything BUT fishing. Easy Maint, easy to clean, head, family use, just all around better fitting boat..

I'd find it hard to believe anyone buying a Nortech CC, Cig top fish or new 39 CC, Spectre CC, OL CC is buying them to fish.. They'd be buying a real fishing CC, Contender, etc..

I couldn't agree more. This is how I see it as well.

I think this new Cig has a LOT of appeal. To heck with fishing...I don't think that's the niche that this is trying to fill at all. Let's face it, just because it's a CC, doesn't automatically make it a fishing boat. If fishing is your thing, then buy a real fishing boat. There are plenty out there. This boat is perfect for an all-around good time: Spacious, comfortable, sharp-looking, easy anchoring/rafting/sand-barring, reliable power, easy maintenance & cleaning, etc. It's a go-fast with versatility, not a fishing boat. I like it a lot.

SS930 10-27-2011 07:02 AM

I've given this a little thought now over the last 24 hours... My first instinct was it's a silly idea, but after reflecting on it a little longer it occurred to me how many people own CC's and never fish off them. With that said, I can see something like this having a nice niche market. Personally, I'd make them with wells and rod holders optional, or even something that could be added afterwords as an option later by the factory.

BTW, yes, OL has a 38' CC coming out very soon as well (based off the 37 hull). It should be interesting to see how this market pans out going forward!

BBB725 10-27-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer35 (Post 3537635)

I use my Nortech CC for fishing, Nortech has a 10 foot beam the others are 8.

wrinkleface 10-27-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by BBB725 (Post 3537749)
I use my Nortech CC for fishing,

Yeah, but U ain't right!!!!:grinser010::evilb:

omerta one 10-27-2011 09:57 AM

A sport Cig with a fully enclosed, sit down head? - Oh my! The hull is a proven performer; I think it'd make a great Florida boat.

Keith Atlanta 10-27-2011 10:24 AM

I was about to pull a knee jerk criticism on a no-fish fishing boat. But, unlike the rest of the country, center consoles are everywhere in Florida. 95% of hard core fisherman go straight to Contender, Invincible, Pursuit, Etc for the hard core fishing boat anyway. When you really think about this particular boat from Cigarette a huge portion of previous "fast" boat guys are starting to see the usability, efficiency and cost effectiveness of center consoles. EVERYBODY has a center console around here and once you cruise, party, hang out on them I can see why they designed this boat, they are great entertainers and if you want to run 75 MPH thats OK too. Center Consoles fit into so many different markets.

That being said, I want to see one of these with trip 557's!

US1 Fountain 10-27-2011 10:44 AM

Looks good. I see it as a go fast pontoon. Plenty of space for your buddies to sit in comfort. Besides, everyone associates a Center Console as a fishing boat. Maybe it just means the console is in the center? :)

LBMA 5820 10-27-2011 10:52 AM

But doesn't Cig have a 10' beam if you want it in the 39' TopFish Open and 39' TopFish Cuddy?

This just seesm like the sports car concept in the category from Cig.

cdowns 10-27-2011 11:08 AM

The 39 top fish is a 10 ft beam