Cigarette Unveils 39’ Top Gun Open >

Cigarette Unveils 39’ Top Gun Open

Notices

Cigarette Unveils 39’ Top Gun Open

Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and what top gun ever needed a wide load permit (maybe the top fish did ..I believe that was 9ft wide..)...75mph...

I think this is over hyped, it's a good looking boat, but in practicality it's just another fish boat dubbed performance...

If it ran 95...then I'd say wow...
Old 10-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Speed, Comfort, easy maintenance, head, stylish, = Home Run for Skip and his crew. Congrats !
Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Does this mean the Top Fish is done? Seems to make both would be a waste of time since neither is really a fishing boat.

BTW that paint scheme was the identical one Sunsation used on their first F4 back in 2007.
No. Cigarette sees it as two completely different buyers, and from what I've been told by the custom high-performance boat builders adding center consoles to their lines that's true. A lot of the buyers aren't interested in fishing from them. The casual anglers like the option. The seriously hardcore anglers go elsewhere.

The 39' Top Gun appeals to that middle group. It has sold well so I sure don't see it going away. Options are good. And as you know, Jupe, it's only "a waste" if you build a bunch of them and they sit without selling. As with all custom boats, Cigarettes are built to order.

A better question might be: Will it cannibalize 30' Top Fish sales? No crystal ball, but I don't think so.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio

A better question might be: Will it cannibalize 30' Top Fish sales? No crystal ball, but I don't think so.
I looked at it as "how many guys bought Top Fishes just to have a Cig center console" and now they have the option of a 39 that is "sportier" then who is left for the Top Fish?

I never thought of bloody fish being tossed into a Cigarette as something people really did! The interiors/bling bling would svck to clean after just a few fish.....
Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

Well done Cigarette!

Great lines. I can see the difference between buying this and the TopFish.

I think of this as the sportscar and the TopFish as the SUV.

Can't wait to see it run!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

This is the boat you buy when the wife says "Why dont you just GROW UP!" ..."Hahahah, grow up? Ok, heres my new boat. How you like me now!!" Hahahaha, nice, and just in time for the holidays
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

cool boat.

a nice upgrade option would be the marine seven engines, the ones intrepid are now using.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I would buy one of these for the lake. You can load it up with people and go for a nice cruise. I think its a great idea!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by madhatter42
So wait, a center console, you can't fish from, you can't store anything in...ok it runs 75...great...

I'm sorry but this doesn't impress me...nice looking boat, but not the best execution...I'll bet it's about 350k..if I'm wrong, great, but why buy that, just buy a normal cigarette...the lack of the comforts makes it as useful as a normal "cigarette" type..maybe some more room, but I don't see the huge appeal..
Once you own a CC with outboards you get a better understanding of what they can do. I had an Outerlimits and could run 100 plus, but once having a CC the ease of ownership, maintenance, clean up and dependability, I understand the appeal. My concern is the speed of the boat, 75mph? Nortechs CC can run 74 with the same power and that's a 10 foot beam.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBB725
Once you own a CC with outboards you get a better understanding of what they can do. I had an Outerlimits and could run 100 plus, but once having a CC the ease of ownership, maintenance, clean up and dependability, I understand the appeal. My concern is the speed of the boat, 75mph? Nortechs CC can run 74 with the same power and that's a 10 foot beam.
I agree on the speeds but I also can't believe that it won't run closer to 80 than 75. Seems like Cigarette may be playing the conservitive game here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.