Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Powerboat Mag shipped...OSO voted best online boating forum... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264903-new-powerboat-mag-shipped-oso-voted-best-online-boating-forum.html)

thisistank 10-28-2011 07:31 PM

New Powerboat Mag shipped...OSO voted best online boating forum...

2 Attachment(s)
So for those of you that subscribe, you'll be seeing it shortly. For those of you that don't, look for it in your local stores. The debut issue under new publisher has come to fruition and is a very nice piece. You'll see Gary Smith's tow rig, boat test of the new Sptectre 32 cat, coverage from LOTO, the Destin poker run, Texas Outlaw poker run and Bayfair as well as much more. Plus OSO was voted the best online boating forum via the readers choice awards....Not that it comes as a surprise (but I do like how they quoted Heather!). :drink:

CigaretteSam 10-28-2011 08:12 PM

I hope to see the new powerboat magazines with more pages! Its dissapointing nowadays with seeing the "paper thin" magazines.

offshoredrillin 10-28-2011 09:26 PM

because of me? lmao :evilb:

thirdchildhood 10-28-2011 09:38 PM

Seriously? SOS got 11%? My order would be:

OSO
Donzi.net
Donzi.org
Speedwake
Scream&Fly

Or maybe the 2 Donzi forums first. :) IDK

LaughingCat 10-28-2011 10:01 PM

I was going to say something similar: SOS got 11%? Was the poll taken 2 years ago?

thisistank 10-28-2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by LaughingCat (Post 3538975)
I was going to say something similar: SOS got 11%? Was the poll taken 2 years ago?

I can assure you it was this year.....I guess every member they have voted. :eek::drink:

502ss 10-28-2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam (Post 3538918)
I hope to see the new powerboat magazines with more pages! Its dissapointing nowadays with seeing the "paper thin" magazines.

Agreed! How thick is the new magazine?

thisistank 10-28-2011 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by 502ss (Post 3538980)
Agreed! How thick is the new magazine?

Well, it's roughly the same thickness as it's been (75 pages) but there's already new advertisers and others we haven't seen in a while coming on board. With more advertisers comes more pages, articles, tests, etc. It's a vicious cycle but the magazine is back to perfect bound (not stapled back) and there's some great event coverage, news and boat coverage.

I think things are looking more positive for the mag than they have since the height of the magazine before the economy sh!t the bed. As Jason Johnson (PBM Editor) says in his column - "I've never been more optimistic about our future than I am now under the leadership of Bonnier Corp..."

I think I've been fairly vocal about the future of PBM under the Bonnier Corp. and optimistic here on OSO. I think if you look at this issue, and see the foundation of the "Dpub" (digital mag online), you'll see that things are already moving in a great direction. Stay tuned...There's more great things to come.

cigboat1 10-28-2011 11:19 PM

Did they keep the list of the old subscribers that are owed back issues ????? Not paying again !!!

Jim

thisistank 10-29-2011 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by cigboat1 (Post 3539009)
Did they keep the list of the old subscribers that are owed back issues ????? Not paying again !!!

Jim

Yes.