Notices

Hot Boat Chickens Out!

Old 06-13-2002, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too Old,

It was Four Winns - they built two versions, a 17 foot (U-17) and a 19 foot (U-19). At the time, both Four Winns and Donzi were owned by the same company (OMC?) and there was a lot of talk/rumors that the FW boats were splashes of the Donzi 16 and 18 hulls. From what I've heard, FW denied it vehemently and said the hulls were their own design, for whatever that's worth.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:52 PM
Registered

Fred, It was Four Winns and it may have been the U 19.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

Did everyone forget who owns Hotboat Mag? Our old Hustler Mag friend Larry Flynt.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

HotBoat, not cool! You can't tell everyone there is a major problem with a boat then give the manufacturer the opportunity to correct that particular boat (was the only one corrected was the test boat) and pretend it never happened. Did they fix all of the boats of that particular design?? What good is the test? Heck, that's worse than not saying anything at all. Your testing and review credibility has now reached zero in my book. Hope the payoff was good for you guys and nobody gets hurt. You didn't do the consumer any favors, probably just let the money dictate your policy. Given the publisher, what a suprise
Old 06-13-2002, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default same old ...

Money talks...
Old 06-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Kentz

It was the U-19, Eric Colby spelled it out in the editors page of PB when he was there. Had a 280HP Volvo package. They would run every bit of 65+, but they only weighed 2k.

Old 06-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Registered

Maybe someone should check to see what advertiser suddenly showed up within the Hotboat pages, or whose ad pages doubled.....maybe im just a cynic.......nah....

McGary
Old 06-14-2002, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs down hot boat mag

yesterday i contacted kevin the editor of hot boat about their backing down on identifying the boat manufacture with the danerous hull.he says they will identify this boat manfufacture in the october boat tests. we will see!!!!! they should have never brought this to light if they werent going to tell the entire story!! i asked him to respond to our thread on this subject!! no comment!! enough said!!! silence tells all sometimes!! bill