If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Flemington, N.J. U.S.A

WHat cam to use for 502 with 250 blower

My friend is redoing his 502 .It is .030"over with a 250 b&m blower and single 1050 carb . He wants to upgrade cam just because he needs to buy a new one . What should he use ? He wants it mild . Wants it to idle well in gear . Just a little better then stock cam . Just simple hydraulic cam no rollers please . Thanks ,JOE

My Boats:
    Hey Joe.....

You need to buy your buddy a PC .....every topic you've posted / replied to has been about your buddies fountain 502 problems. Let him become a member and get the info for himself......YOU'VE GOT A MOTOR TO PUT BACK TOGETHER!!!! And you owe me a ride when it is together!!

Anyway....if he's not touching the other motor, would it be a good idea to do a cam change on one side, and leave the other side stock???? ...... Or are you looking to do both motors??

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    Your right ! I might just give him my computer and get a better one for myself ! I think he just likes when I do it .that way it gives us plenty to talk about when I see him .

The cam will be a little bigger will be OK .He wants to build a spare motor anyway .That one will have the same cam. He likes to plan ahead . But if he has the spare ,he will probably never need it . That would be OK too ! He just figures he has to buy a cam anyway ,why not improve a little .

My motor goes in Monday !!!! Have to sonic check the block . I may still have to buy a new block .

Anyone have a spare generation 4, tall deck ,bow tie block ?

Crane Part #CRN-139741 would be good for that application, have them grind that cam on a 114 degree center lobe.
    Have fun

Charter Member Charter Member Cignificant's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1998 26' Boston Whaler
    Richmond, VA
    I'm using Crane 168741s on my Gen 6 502s with 250s/twin carbs. A lot of people use them.