Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OK, I admit I cheated. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/265158-ok-i-admit-i-cheated.html)

fountainfan42 11-03-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by glenncal1 (Post 3542107)
I was out of town from 10/22 through 10/29. Before I went I was able to drain the manifolds and the sea strainers on the Sonic. We had our first snowstorm while I was gone, but it wasn't too cold. Got back to a forecast of cold nights for the next week or so. Wasn't going to have time to get the blocks done, so I took the boat to a shop to have motors winterized. HMMM they have a special: $350 they drain and fill motors with antifreeze, change the oil, change the drive lube, replace oil filter and fuel seperator, pull the drives lube and align, and fog the motors (they would also stabilize the fuel, but I had already done that). I signed up for the special, no hanging upside down in the engine compartment, no having to dispose of used fluids, just scratch a check.

I hang my head in shame :traurig001:

i see motorS & driveS so its pretty safe to assume its $350 for both which would still leave HMMM $240.00 for 2.5 hours labor and glenncal some Xtra spare time :drink:

WANTED- PSI Superchargers,coolers , & adapter plates :drink:

pstorti 11-03-2011 02:38 PM

since they are including pulling the drives and alignment that is a great deal, I would pay it vs spending a day or two doing it all myself. Assuming they do good work.

J-Bonz 11-03-2011 07:47 PM

Dumb question but, What is aligned if you have your engines mounted to the stringer with offshore style mounts?????
Jr.

baywatch 11-03-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by J-Bonz (Post 3542431)
Dumb question but, What is aligned if you have your engines mounted to the stringer with offshore style mounts?????
Jr.

My guess is they just slide the alignment tool in to make sure it is still alligned. That is how I do it and yes with those mounts mine has always been fine.

brivander 11-04-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by J-Bonz (Post 3542431)
Jr.

x2 -- Yup, just a quick check with the tool...just in case.

nova26 11-04-2011 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 3542182)
I cheated too. I moved to Florida..... :evilb:

Rub it in why don't ya...:drink::drink:

Mariah212Z 11-04-2011 08:35 PM

Good Deal!

Originally Posted by glenncal1 (Post 3542107)
I was out of town from 10/22 through 10/29. Before I went I was able to drain the manifolds and the sea strainers on the Sonic. We had our first snowstorm while I was gone, but it wasn't too cold. Got back to a forecast of cold nights for the next week or so. Wasn't going to have time to get the blocks done, so I took the boat to a shop to have motors winterized. HMMM they have a special: $350 they drain and fill motors with antifreeze, change the oil, change the drive lube, replace oil filter and fuel seperator, pull the drives lube and align, and fog the motors (they would also stabilize the fuel, but I had already done that). I signed up for the special, no hanging upside down in the engine compartment, no having to dispose of used fluids, just scratch a check.

I hang my head in shame :traurig001:

Good deal for the price. Even if you have to change lubes to syn before new season, it's still a good deal.

Keith Atlanta 11-04-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3542197)
Wow, I guess I need to go up on my prices. I get $250 per engine for the above mentioned. I just use it as something extra to pay the bills. I don't do many though since I don't have a ton of room for a ton of boats.
Eddie

Dude, with your reputation I would be honored if you even touched my boat for $500.