If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1985 Formula 357 Kaama
    Middle River, MD

What length bunks on lift????

Need for a little info on what constitutes appropriate bunk length on a lift....

Looking at buying a Formula 357 and putting it on the 4 post lift at the house I am currently renting. The lift is almost new....just put in earlier this year...weight capacity is not an issue. Bunks currently on lift are comprised of two 1.5" x 10"s bolted together on each side, so effectively they are 3" x 10"s on each side. Seem to be very solid, but my question is with the length....they are 14'3". Is this long enough for a 35'7" boat, or do I have to have longer bunks? If I can get away with the bunks already on there I'd be thrilled. Would hate to have to modify the lift since this is a rental house (although I do have a long term lease), but will do what it takes if there is no other way around it and buy longer bunks.....

My Boats:
    Cape Coral FL
    12' -15' would be best