Notices

The Envision Story

Old 06-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Envision Story

A number of questions regarding our new Envision have come up, so a new thread is appropriate to lay everything out.

Envision Boats is located in Monmouth, Illinois (a convenient 90 minute drive from home). Mach 1 Boats owner Bill Felt sold his company 1989. Two years later he recruited most of Mach 1's management team and formed Envision. Naval Architect Derick Espeut was contracted to draw the plans for their hulls.

The Pachanga confusion has an interesting origin. When Sea Ray discontinued the Pachanga, the windshield supplier (Taylor Made) was left with more than a few extra's - lot's of extra's. Bill liked the look of the Pachanga deck and designed his deck around the now dirt cheap Pachanga windshield leftovers. No Pachanga molds were purchased, the deck and hull are original designs. Same windshield!

My 29' has the "look" too - but the windshield is new, purposely designed to match the look of the 32' Pachanga carry-overs.

For the technically interested the hulls are straight, 24 degree variable deadrise, two full length strakes per side with a flat 4 inch chine.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up. I was unsure as to the relationship with the Pachanga's. Makes perfect sense. Envision's are primarily midwest boats. Rarely ever see one for sale on east or west coast. Like I stated in the other thread, Broken Arrow at Lake of the Ozarks sells lots of them, nice people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they offer the mid-cabin style up to a 34 or 36 footer.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:26 PM
Registered

How many people do you want to bring along? Here's the 36' midcabin:
Attached Thumbnails The Envision Story-36-legacy-esp.jpg  
Old 08-02-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

Back by popular demand!!
Old 08-02-2002, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice looking, good use of space, I remember looking at them a few years back at the Racine in water boat show, nice boats, reasonable price.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:17 AM
cashmoney

Ya , sharp boat lots of room. It would look better if it wasn't sitting in a mud puddle.

Old 08-03-2002, 12:08 PM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how is the fit and finish?
thanks...seriously, compare it to something we may know
Old 08-03-2002, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats a loaded question, but you know me, no sugar coating it. What I saw as the final product on that Racine pier, fit, finish, rigging, stitching of seats, was about an 7, comparable to production boat std's, Baja, Wellcraft, and so on. Price was slightly less but the imenities were more, the hulls were straight and the rigging was ok from what I saw, but I had my eye on the 34 Vyper across the pier which I bought instead. The way I look at things are, there is a price and a boat for everyone, its better to be on the water than not

Last edited by JASSMAN; 08-04-2002 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:04 AM
jb
Registered

OK you had me until you used Baja and Wellcraft in the same sentence.
Fine choice on the 34 Vyper, what graphics did you get?
jb
Old 08-04-2002, 12:42 AM
Registered

Wow, I have never heard of them. But I love how it looks and is layed out. Especially the wrap around bench, definietly a sweet rig.

Quick Reply: The Envision Story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.