Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats wrong with OSO, or is it Internet Explorer? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/265397-whats-wrong-oso-internet-explorer.html)

LapseofReason 11-08-2011 07:14 AM

Whats wrong with OSO, or is it Internet Explorer?

I have 3 computers I use, none on the same network and I have problems getting the page up on all of them. Its on any part of OSO and I need to refresh the page 3,4,5, times before it will load. I have downloaded all updates on them but didn't help, everything else I go to all the time is fine. Its got so bad I dont come on here much anymore but winter is here and my work is slowing and I don't want to miss all the good fighting on here:party-smiley-004:.

427 larry 11-08-2011 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by LapseofReason (Post 3544901)
I have 3 computers I use, none on the same network and I have problems getting the page up on all of them. Its on any part of OSO and I need to refresh the page 3,4,5, times before it will load. I have downloaded all updates on them but didn't help, everything else I go to all the time is fine. Its got so bad I dont come on here much anymore but winter is here and my work is slowing and I don't want to miss all the good fighting on here:party-smiley-004:.

I have the same issue. Never has been as good, since the corp. bought it. It was great when Steve owned it. They need to spend the money to update their technology, but they probabley won't, just keep sucking it dry. That's the reason I have not renewed my membership, after it was bought. I don't spend near the time on here I used to. Then they wonder why it doesn't make the money they think it should.

Sea-Dated 11-08-2011 08:00 AM

I used to have problems when using IE but have since switched to a Mac and have no issues using Safari. You might try another browser. Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc..

timmoore 11-08-2011 08:04 AM

I have problems with IE too...
Firefox and Chrome work fine.

STRAIGHTPRIORITY 11-08-2011 08:07 AM

it is slow.... i think they dont have enough band for there amount of users/traffic.

Griswald 11-08-2011 08:20 AM

the problem is IE. As mentioned, switch to Mozilla or go Mac w/ Safari.

CigDaze 11-08-2011 08:30 AM

Running Firefox with Adblocker Plus. No lag, no issues.

And check to make sure you're not running through any redirect proxies. A lot of times latency in loading pages can be due to hijackers routing all your traffic through their malicious proxies trying to track your usage and/or blast you with their adservers.

LapseofReason 11-08-2011 08:30 AM

The header will load and all the ads but not the fourms or the classifieds. I will try to load another browser at home but cant change the stuff at work. I also dont come here as much, when I joined back in 03 it was going strong now it's like having a 15 year old dog, you still love it and like it around just cant have as much fun with it. Plus I am boatless (big boat) anyway so just mainly here to shop and see whats going on.

Pismo10 11-08-2011 08:42 AM

Firefox

Pismo10 11-08-2011 08:42 AM

Nobody should be using IE for any reason unless they like viruses.