Superboat Unlimited Class Looking Strong For Key West

Notices

Superboat Unlimited Class Looking Strong For Key West

Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Default Superboat Unlimited Class Looking Strong For Key West

Healthy big-boat fleet, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-key-west.html.

On the smaller-boat side, the Stock (outboard) class looks to be one of the stronger fleets in the entire event, and from what I've been told there are 60-plus boats (total) registered.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really looking forward to that class!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
I'm really looking forward to that class!
Me too. I also think the Stock outboard class will be super competitive. Smart money says Gary Ballough, but there are so many good racers and boats in that class that nothing would surprise me.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony and Mark have the Byrider skater flyin!
Old 11-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

And the turbine boats? Will there be anybody racing against the Miss Geico in Key West?

Besides: Which classes will race on which day? I couldnīt find anything about that on superboat.com.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbofan
And the turbine boats? Will there be anybody racing against the Miss Geico in Key West?

Besides: Which classes will race on which day? I couldnīt find anything about that on superboat.com.
I think Aquamania is down there as a 2nd Turbine...could be wrong.

All classes race all 3 days. There are 3 races(10 AM, noon and 2 PM). They split the classes up among those 3 start times. 10 AM is usually stock and the P-classes. 2 PM is the big boys.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

It's really to bad that there are no other Turbine boats to Challenge Miss Geico. I would of loved to see them battling against JBS Racing, Aqua Mania and Rebel Racing.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Scarab Billy
Tony and Mark have the Byrider skater flyin!
Now that they have switched to West Coast drives-there drive problems are over.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
It's really to bad that there are no other Turbine boats to Challenge Miss Geico. I would of loved to see them battling against JBS Racing, Aqua Mania and Rebel Racing.
This is bad. And the general pattern looks bad too: Only in the first SBI race this year, in Cocoa Beach, has there been a half-hearted contender to the Miss Geico, the Miss Mary Mac (they only looked at it like a test run). And then there came nothing. Furthermore, in thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ine-class.html John Arruda said about the Rebel Racer that "We are shooting for to be in Clear water as well. Key West would be worse case.". But again, nothing but hot air. It looks like 2011 will be the black year in the history of the turbine class.

And I just hope that this will not be beginning of the end of an offshore turbine class which barely ever existed, because this would fit into a general trend: The Concorde has gone, the Shuttle has gone, maglev trains keep being rejected without any reasons, and in June next year Mazda will stop the production of the Renesis Wankel - the most sophisticated explosion motor in existence- without any substitute on the horizon. It can in fact be argued, that today there exists a generally degenerative rather than progressive trend in mechanical macro-engineering (the type which really took off in the Roman Empire), which is only partially forced upon us by environmental concerns.

I wonder if at least there will be any offshore race boats with two-stroke motors in KW, or is it all four-stroke?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skater40
Now that they have switched to West Coast drives-there drive problems are over.
Weismanns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.