Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
By Boat from Lake Ontario to Palm Beach Florida >

By Boat from Lake Ontario to Palm Beach Florida

Notices

By Boat from Lake Ontario to Palm Beach Florida

Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of yacht are you making the trip on??? Sounds like a blast, have fun!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
SAW YOU GUY BUY OUR PLACE ON THE ST. LAWRENCE JUST PAST BROCKVILLE, ON! Too funny as there weren't too many boats left out there and naturally this beauty stood out! Be safe and sounds like a blast
Very Cool! The thousand Islands was beautiful, I have never been before so it was a cool first trip. There are definitely not many boats left. We were the only one in Port of Quebec, and they were not very happy to have us.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
What kind of yacht are you making the trip on??? Sounds like a blast, have fun!!!
It is a 145 NQEA out of Australia. If you want full specs they are on www.yachtrena.com

Also if you ever want to take a badazz vacation and charter it, it is available if you wallet allows. The crew on here are awesome.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

If your final destination is North Palm Beach you are probably heading into Old Port Cove marina (at 145 ft, your options are limited). FYI Tiger keeps his boat there (155 Tri-deck Christiansen named Privacy), Ken Griffey Jr keeps his boat "Chosen One" there and if you look to the north side of the lake you will see "Sea Bear" docked at Jack Nicklaus's house (owner).

If you stay aboard, check out "Rum Bar" on the intracoastal at the PGA bridge (almost walkable from marina, it is behind the West Marine)
Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
If your final destination is North Palm Beach you are probably heading into Old Port Cove marina (at 145 ft, your options are limited). FYI Tiger keeps his boat there (155 Tri-deck Christiansen named Privacy), Ken Griffey Jr keeps his boat "Chosen One" there and if you look to the north side of the lake you will see "Sea Bear" docked at Jack Nicklaus's house (owner).

If you stay aboard, check out "Rum Bar" on the intracoastal at the PGA bridge (almost walkable from marina, it is behind the West Marine)
The boat is actually permanently docked behind the owners house just off PGA a few doors down from Jack Nicklaus's house when not traveling. I used to live there. Yes privacy is nice and close just a few minutes away, we used to screw with them and take the tender really close just to see their crew come out and cover the nameplate on the back of the boat, but that was during the breaking days of his scandal. Mine Games is also often docked next to Privacy.

Luckily Rum bar is a quick walk up PGA, and will definitly be my first stop when we hit the dock. That was my favorite place to go when I used to live on PGA. Apparently there is some new burger place that is great right on PGA before Rum Bar?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
The boat is actually permanently docked behind the owners house just off PGA a few doors down from Jack Nicklaus's house when not traveling. I used to live there. Yes privacy is nice and close just a few minutes away, we used to screw with them and take the tender really close just to see their crew come out and cover the nameplate on the back of the boat, but that was during the breaking days of his scandal. Mine Games is also often docked next to Privacy.

Luckily Rum bar is a quick walk up PGA, and will definitly be my first stop when we hit the dock. That was my favorite place to go when I used to live on PGA. Apparently there is some new burger place that is great right on PGA before Rum Bar?

I was in Lost Tree Village today! The "new" burger place is owned by Carmine (of Carmine's Ocean Grill fame) and is called CG Burgers (Carmine's Grill). It originated in Jupiter and he now has about 6 locations. It can be good but he hires too many high school kids to run the place so quality can be fair at times. In that area of town I like Bonefish Grill and Seasons 52.

Lost Tree has a lot of commotion going on these days, they tore down the clubhouse and are rebuilding it. The residents really have no where to congregate and to many of them that is where they went all winter!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work right off of PGA, we should have a get together when you get in.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I work right off of PGA, we should have a get together when you get in.
That would be great. Right now we are on our way to Noank CT to get some stuff from the owners house to bring down to Florida. Unfortunately the weather is not looking promising so we may be stuck here until Wednesday (God I hope not) I am really ready to get down to Lauderdale and see my friends since I missed the boat show. But considering some of the weather we had already, we will have to wait for a descent weather window since they no longer allow foreign flagged vessels to just duck in to port when the weather turns south. If we are lucky we will make it down to Florida next weekend, then I will have a few days before I fly home.