By Boat from Lake Ontario to Palm Beach Florida >

By Boat from Lake Ontario to Palm Beach Florida

Notices

By Boat from Lake Ontario to Palm Beach Florida

Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default By Boat from Lake Ontario to Palm Beach Florida

I was lucky enough to get invited to come along and ride from The Welland Canal on Lake Ontario to Florida on the private yacht I used to work on in the Bahamas. I figured it is probably the only chance I will ever have to do this trip (as a guest), and may as well get to experience it. I joined the boat on Oct 29 from St. Catherines Ontario, where we headed to Montreal, Quebec, stayed for a few days, and then onto Quebec City, where we also stayed for a few days to avoid bad weather. We are now somewhere off the coast of Nova Scotia on our way to out next stop in Noank Connecticut. From there we will head South to our final destination of North Palm Beach.

I will try to post some pictures when we finally get down to Florida since the satellite internet on board is rather slow.

If you would like to follow us, I found the boat on this cool site that tracks our AIS data and plots everything out.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=538070323

-Jon
Old 11-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a great experience . Enjoy !!!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Sounds like a blast! Post some pics.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very cool Josh & Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!! its all about the funn

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I clicked on live map and the RINA is just off of Yarmouth. Is that the boat's name?
Old 11-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like an awesome experience. Have a blast!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

What an awesome experience. Have Fun!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
RL
Registered

What a great opportunity. Have fun.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys, it has been pretty cool so far. Also a very nice change that this time I am a guest instead of working, which definitely makes it more enjoyable. Yes that boat is named Rena. Right now I am sitting wheel watch as we are crossing the Bay of Fundy. Not much to see right now, a few fishing boats and some sea gulls. I will post some pics once we get to Noank CT tomorrow. We are supposed to stop in New Bedford Mass around 3 am to take on 8000 gallons of fuel for the rest of the trip. So far today blue sky, calm seas. Now I am just waiting to hit the South Carolina and get some warm weather, not bad though, was outside in shorts and a tshirt earlier.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I was lucky enough to get invited to come along and ride from The Welland Canal on Lake Ontario to Florida on the private yacht I used to work on in the Bahamas. I figured it is probably the only chance I will ever have to do this trip (as a guest), and may as well get to experience it. I joined the boat on Oct 29 from St. Catherines Ontario, where we headed to Montreal, Quebec, stayed for a few days, and then onto Quebec City, where we also stayed for a few days to avoid bad weather. We are now somewhere off the coast of Nova Scotia on our way to out next stop in Noank Connecticut. From there we will head South to our final destination of North Palm Beach.

I will try to post some pictures when we finally get down to Florida since the satellite internet on board is rather slow.

If you would like to follow us, I found the boat on this cool site that tracks our AIS data and plots everything out.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=538070323

-Jon
SAW YOU GUY BUY OUR PLACE ON THE ST. LAWRENCE JUST PAST BROCKVILLE, ON! Too funny as there weren't too many boats left out there and naturally this beauty stood out! Be safe and sounds like a blast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.