Notices

Crash in kw

Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very sad news and I feel really terrible for both their family & many friends, my prayers go out to all of you.

I never had the pleasure of meeting either of these guys, but throughout the years I've always admired Bob for his obvious dedication to this sport he cared so much for and the true hot rodding spirit he had..

I have no doubt both of them will be dearly missed by many..
Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rest in peace, my condolences to their families
Old 11-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Registered

partial quote "friend and Bob was one of those to me. I loved and respected him and will truly miss his company. I did not know JT Tillman as well but he was a really nice guy. He always had time to speak a kind word and to make me feel welcome in his race pit. I know he really loved his Mom. I think that says a lot about his character."

....the world needs more gentlemen like these guys and can't afford to loose them in these ways.

This puts a tear in my eye---GODSPEED Bob & JT
Old 11-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim Lee, me, BLee, and many others did a toast tonight to bob and JT at Ricks here in Key west. As sad as this is, everyone here is only celebrating his life, not mourning the loss. Hearing the stories from a time before I could even see over the steering wheel has been a real honor. I met Bob when the Skater was "bad moon risin", he answered every question I had and loved bs'ing about boats. I think he would be happy to see all his friends share and celebrate his life the way everyone has. I know that's how I'd want it to be myself.

There's a memorial at 9 AM in the pits tomorrow for anyone that would like to be there.

RIP Skater Bro's....
Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My prayers and condolences go out to both families and their friends for their terrible loss. These gentlemen and their families put their hearts into this sport and now have given the ultimate sacrifice. They deserve our best prayers and wishes and will be remembered as heros and pioneers of the sport. RIP!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Registered

My condolences go out, sad day indeed.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

R I P Bob and JT

My deepest condolences to the families, friends and Big Thunder team.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts

Sad news, no doubt. I had the privilege of meeting Bob many times at the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout.

Had to write a blog about him and Jeff to pay my respects.
http://www.powerboatmag.com/jason-johnson-s-blog/
Old 11-10-2011, 02:23 AM
psi
Registered

I was there and was praying they made it out OK...couldnt believe the news when it was heard....extremely devastating news...may god bless there families thru this horrific time...RIP Fellas!!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Registered

Still hard too believe, Nbc channel 5 news in St Louis reported it last night and is showing it again this morning. Very Sad.......My family sends its prayers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.