Notices

Geico take out turbines?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Not to change the subject but those video's show that the current canopies offer very little protection.Had that boat hit a foot or two farther back the outcome would have been different.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
I think the point being made is this. One boat running around in a "class" is not racing. While the occupants of the boat are getting a huge rush and risking bodily harm, it's sill not racing. Two boats in a "class" could be called "competing", but it's still not racing. Put a dozen boats or more together with a set of unified rules and then we are racing...and "winning" means something. Sponsors, media, fans and real racers would all benefit from this.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewiekw
That is the point i was trying to make, but i guess it went over some peoples head...
I understood your point, but it is wintertime here in OSO.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbofan
I didn´t give any advice. First read, then think (if you can), and only then should you post.

Nonetheless, your post hints a why you don´t want to race: You just use your boat as a fun business device: Super party team, flame throwers called afterburners, blah blah etc. p.p. I have called you a pretender before, and I now feel confirmed in that judgement. And on top you make fun about those who do race.

You are not a racer. You are just a showman.
His comment wasn't for you.
Read the little title in his post, it was for Paradise ...
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Boring... Need more loud azz blown big cube boats like Cat Can Do.
I will admit that I miss the big Alison piston engines in unlimited hydro but a turbine powered off-shore boat is way too cool. Here's a very short video I shot at Put-in-Bay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHM2DBed_vY
Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
People love turbines.
Not really, The Unlimited Hydro's are thinking about going back to piston engines. The crowds like the roar of piston engines better than the turbines.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore420
Not really, The Unlimited Hydro's are thinking about going back to piston engines. The crowds like the roar of piston engines better than the turbines.
There is nothing that compared to the sounds of the old piston powered Hydro's other then an old piston powered engine. It will always be the sound that I remember hearing every summer roaring in the Windsor and the Detroit Area. You knew when it was the Gold Cup races, now with the Turbines you need to read about it as they are very quite, other then when they are spoiling up. Reliability, weight and HP you can't beat a Turbine but I still love the sounds of a piston engine.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshore420
“The crowds”. Why can´t there be only one technologically more sophisticsted motor sport for somewhat less primitive people? I´d say that what sex and motor sports have in common, is not only the sensual experience (testosterone, oxytocine, adrenaline, you name it). But what really counts most in both cases is what happens between the ears. And this is where the internal beauty of women and motors comes into play...

So were it not for environmental reasons, I would considerate four strokers as a complete nuisance. Besides the environmental issue, their only advantage is that their functional principle is so simple (say: primitive), that even people with slight brain damage can fully understand it. With two strokers things get more complicated, and Wankels are outright beautiful. And their power to weight ratio increases in that same order.

If what you prophecize will come true, it will be the end of my relationship with unlimited hydros. I wish I had discovered that sport at the beginning of the last year, when the last one of those stubborn farter freaks (U3) had finally grasped the idea and had left the circuit.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbofan
“The crowds”. Why can´t there be only one technologically more sophisticsted motor sport for somewhat less primitive people? I´d say that what sex and motor sports have in common, is not only the sensual experience (testosterone, oxytocine, adrenaline, you name it). But what really counts most in both cases is what happens between the ears. And this is where the internal beauty of women and motors comes into play...

So were it not for environmental reasons, I would considerate four strokers as a complete nuisance. Besides the environmental issue, their only advantage is that their functional principle is so simple (say: primitive), that even people with slight brain damage can fully understand it. With two strokers things get more complicated, and Wankels are outright beautiful. And their power to weight ratio increases in that same order.

If what you prophecize will come true, it will be the end of my relationship with unlimited hydros. I wish I had discovered that sport at the beginning of the last year, when the last one of those stubborn farter freaks (U3) had finally grasped the idea and had left the circuit.
Not sure what your saying, but I think your saying a turbine is a sophisticsted engine?? If that's what your saying, it is not, in fact its quit simple (i'm factory trained on avco lycoming agt 1500), and as for bringing back pistons, you'd have to talk to the pres. of the asso. he's the one that said it not me.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Dayum

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.