Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Geico take out turbines? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/265632-geico-take-out-turbines.html)

Turbofan 11-13-2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by offshore420 (Post 3548951)
Not really, The Unlimited Hydro's are thinking about going back to piston engines. The crowds like the roar of piston engines better than the turbines.

“The crowds”. Why can´t there be only one technologically more sophisticsted motor sport for somewhat less primitive people? I´d say that what sex and motor sports have in common, is not only the sensual experience (testosterone, oxytocine, adrenaline, you name it). But what really counts most in both cases is what happens between the ears. And this is where the internal beauty of women and motors comes into play...

So were it not for environmental reasons, I would considerate four strokers as a complete nuisance. Besides the environmental issue, their only advantage is that their functional principle is so simple (say: primitive), that even people with slight brain damage can fully understand it. With two strokers things get more complicated, and Wankels are outright beautiful. And their power to weight ratio increases in that same order.

If what you prophecize will come true, it will be the end of my relationship with unlimited hydros. I wish I had discovered that sport at the beginning of the last year, when the last one of those stubborn farter freaks (U3) had finally grasped the idea and had left the circuit.

offshore420 11-13-2011 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Turbofan (Post 3549041)
“The crowds”. Why can´t there be only one technologically more sophisticsted motor sport for somewhat less primitive people? I´d say that what sex and motor sports have in common, is not only the sensual experience (testosterone, oxytocine, adrenaline, you name it). But what really counts most in both cases is what happens between the ears. And this is where the internal beauty of women and motors comes into play...

So were it not for environmental reasons, I would considerate four strokers as a complete nuisance. Besides the environmental issue, their only advantage is that their functional principle is so simple (say: primitive), that even people with slight brain damage can fully understand it. With two strokers things get more complicated, and Wankels are outright beautiful. And their power to weight ratio increases in that same order.

If what you prophecize will come true, it will be the end of my relationship with unlimited hydros. I wish I had discovered that sport at the beginning of the last year, when the last one of those stubborn farter freaks (U3) had finally grasped the idea and had left the circuit.

Not sure what your saying, but I think your saying a turbine is a sophisticsted engine?? If that's what your saying, it is not, in fact its quit simple (i'm factory trained on avco lycoming agt 1500), and as for bringing back pistons, you'd have to talk to the pres. of the asso. he's the one that said it not me.

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-14-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 3548798)

Dayum :eek:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink:

MissGeicoRacing 11-14-2011 07:23 AM

the facts

Were back from KW and wanted to post our condolences to our friends lost and injured this weekend and found this thread. Here's a couple things to consider.

The Miss Geico racing team has invested over $20 mm creating a platform that combines power speed and technology. We are on race number twenty one on the current set of engines. 21 full throttle races and testing..2 years. And they are still running strong.

If you take Key west out of the equation from Unlimited to Cat light they are all 1-2 boat classes. certainly not enough momentum to justify a $500,000-$750,000 investment. That said ..what happens when/if we did put another boat into a competitive class? Recent offshore history shows that when you have a a well supported team that tests and is very competitive their competitors call them cheaters gang up on them and leave to race another org.

The problem with offshore is systemic, lack of repect for fellow racers, racing organizations,rules and financial instability. Not one boat pushing for a better mousetrap.

When a racing org decides to truly build and back a new class we will consider it. Give the current state f the economy I wouldnt expect anything soon. Don't confuse the picture because a couple of extra boats came out for a specific class in KW. Watch what happens next season when they have to race outside the spotlight of the Worlds. No shows, flip floppers ,trailer queens and keyboard hero's. Hey..How come no one is *****ing to the boats that are no shows???

Whats wrong Whats right. I like to look at our team as what's right for offshore. We are running very advanced technonlogy with formula one live telemetry being downloaded to shore, reliable engines and a really cool sound. We are a proffessional team pushing the limits with safety and performance. Look, We've been around the offshore course a time or two and have to deal with all the macho I'm a big bad boat racer/poker runner,I love the big water, listen to me roar crap. It's a load of BS by people that don't test don't use their brains and don't know what the fk they are truly doing on the race course or otherwise. There is a science to running/racing a boat fast. Have you ever noticed how smooth Miss G runs on a race course compared to other boats..do you think there is a reason for this?

Our crew is right there to help as soon as a competitor of any class needs help whether it be a flipped boat,parts ,expertise, set up, craning engines or advice. We are always there for our fellow racers. Yes, we are whats right for offshore. It's easy to bash the yellow boat because we test we practise we go out of our way to accomodate and take the high road when confronted by jealous racers, bullies (no pun intended), gossip, backstabbers and adversity.

We all love the sound of nasty big blocks but that will be a thing of the past very shortly. Have any of you heard the CMS or Gasse Merc 1350 boats? no.. because like it or not technology is moving forward and the boats will become quieter. We get three times as many people commenting on how much they love the sound than we do that don't and the kids love it.

Now that KW is over I'm going to release some information that we did as a test this year to see how competitive we would be in a lower HP class...We turned our motors down to aprox 1500 hp ...ALL SEASON. Any of you guys notice that we aren't running 180 + but 150's and 160 now? Huh.. Any of you notice how Cintron and CMS dusted Miss G in Wed race in KW? Or How Cintron rocked us for 9 laps in Clearwater and Michigan City. Maybe how WHM smoked us in Sarasota guess not. Are you really watching whats happening in offshore?

We had a great run with the Pistons on Wed but were pushed out of the big boat start by one boat. They even had a faster boat.. we told them we wanted to race..They opted for solo laps. Too bad because it was great racing action while it lasted for those that saw it...don't believe me..check the lap times are we really that different in speed? The answer is no. Those that are stirring this thread really don't follow offshore they are just looking for controversey and its easy to use someone who's trying to be better than the past.. the yellow boat.

Take out Turbines...No Way. We feel we are the future.

Why we didn't race on Sunday in KW.

3 of our our friends died and out of respect for their families ,the Miss GEICO stayed on the trailer. Many of our crew were upset and didn't feel they could perform at 100%. For our fans sorry if we let you down.

Regards

Miss GEICO

offshoredrillin 11-14-2011 07:30 AM

Good post Marc! :)

no limits 11-14-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing (Post 3549209)
Were back from KW and wanted to post our condolences to our friends lost and injured this weekend and found this thread. Here's a couple things to consider.

The Miss Geico racing team has invested over $20 mm creating a platform that combines power speed and technology. We are on race number twenty one on the current set of engines. 21 full throttle races and testing..2 years. And they are still running strong.

If you take Key west out of the equation from Unlimited to Cat light they are all 1-2 boat classes. certainly not enough momentum to justify a $500,000-$750,000 investment. That said ..what happens when/if we did put another boat into a competitive class? Recent offshore history shows that when you have a a well supported team that tests and is very competitive their competitors call them cheaters gang up on them and leave to race another org.

The problem with offshore is systemic, lack of repect for fellow racers, racing organizations,rules and financial instability. Not one boat pushing for a better mousetrap.

When a racing org decides to truly build and back a new class we will consider it. But don't confuse the picture because a couple of extra boats came out for a class in KW. Watch what happens next season when they have to race outside the spotlight of the Worlds. No shows, flip floppers ,trailer queens and keyboard hero's. Hey..How come no one is *****ing to the boats that are no shows???

Whats wrong Whats right. I like to look at our team as what's right for offshore. We are running very advanced technonlogy with formula one live telemetry being downloaded to shore, reliable engines and a really cool sound. We are a proffessional team pushing the limits with safety and performance. Look, We've been around the offshore course a time or two and have to deal all the macho I'm a big bad boat racer/poker runner. I love the big water, listen to me roar crap. It's a load of BS by people that don't test don't use their brains and don't know what the fk they are truly doing on the race course or otherwise. There is a science to running/racing a boat fast. Have you ever noticed how smooth Miss G runs on a race course compared to other boats..do you think there is a reason for this?

Our crew is right there to help as soon as a competitor of any class needs help whether it be a flipped boat,parts ,expertise, set up, craning engines or advice. We are always there for our fellow racers. Yes, we are whats right for offshore. It's easy to bash the yellow boat because we test we practise we go out of our way to accomodate and take the high road when confronted by jealous racers, bullies (no pun intended), gossip, backstabbers and adversity.

We all love the sound of nasty big blocks but that will be a thing of the past very shortly. Have any of you heard the CMS or Gasse Merc 1350 boats? no.. because like it or not technology is moving forward and the boats will become quieter. We get three times as many people commenting on how much they love the sound than we do that don't and the kids love it.

Now that KW is over I'm going to release some information that we did as a test this year to see how competitive we would be in a lower HP class...We turned our motors down to aprox 1500 hp ...ALL SEASON. Any of you guys notice that we aren't running 180 + but 150's and 160 now? Huh.. Any of you notice how Cintron and CMS dusted Miss G in Wed race in KW? Or How Cintron rocked us for 9 laps in Clearwater and Michigan City. Maybe how WHM smoked us in Sarasota guess not. Are you really watching whats happening in offshore?

We had a great run with the Pistons on Wed but were pushed out of the big boat start by one boat. They even had a faster boat.. we told them we wanted to race..They opted for solo laps. Too bad because it was great racing action while it lasted for those that saw it...don't believe me..check the lap times are we really that different in speed? The answer is no. Those that are stirring this thread really don't follow offshore they are just looking for controversey and its easy to use someone who's trying to be better than the past.. the yellow boat.

Take out Turbines...No Way. We feel we are the future like it or not.

3 of our our friends died and out of respect for the families of Miss GEICO stayed on the trailer. Many of our crew were upset and didn't feel they could perform at 100%. For our fans sorry if we let you down.

Regards

Miss GEICO

2 words...class act.

littlenige 11-14-2011 07:44 AM

We are on race number twenty one on the current set of engines. 21 full throttle races and testing..2 years. And they are still running strong.

Wow that's incredible.

DriverofDonzi 11-14-2011 07:57 AM

When a racing org decides to truly build and back a new class we will consider it. Give the current state f the economy I wouldnt expect anything soon. Don't confuse the picture because a couple of extra boats came out for a specific class in KW. Watch what happens next season when they have to race outside the spotlight of the Worlds. No shows, flip floppers ,trailer queens and keyboard hero's. Hey..How come no one is *****ing to the boats that are no shows???

Whats wrong Whats right. I like to look at our team as what's right for offshore. We are running very advanced technonlogy with formula one live telemetry being downloaded to shore, reliable engines and a really cool sound. We are a proffessional team pushing the limits with safety and performance. Look, We've been around the offshore course a time or two and have to deal all the macho I'm a big bad boat racer/poker runner. I love the big water, listen to me roar crap. It's a load of BS by people that don't test don't use their brains and don't know what the fk they are truly doing on the race course or otherwise. There is a science to running/racing a boat fast. Have you ever noticed how smooth Miss G runs on a race course compared to other boats..do you think there is a reason for this?

3 of our our friends died and out of respect for the families of Miss GEICO stayed on the trailer. Many of our crew were upset and didn't feel they could perform at 100%. For our fans sorry if we let you down.

Regards

Miss GEICO

Wow....that is really good post I ever read!!!! Thank you for pointing out the facts!!!!I did not know that CMS and Cintron beat you with speeds. I will print out Wed, Fri results and compare very closely so I can see your actual points! You did not let me down if you and your team were not up for Sunday race! Whatever you and your team's decision, I still support you 100%. Just do what you and your team think is best!!!

When I am done comparing, I will get back to you on that one.

Thanks,
Chris

CigDaze 11-14-2011 08:31 AM

Regards

Miss GEICO

High-class. Well said.
:cool: