Notices

Geico take out turbines?

Old 11-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the facts

Were back from KW and wanted to post our condolences to our friends lost and injured this weekend and found this thread. Here's a couple things to consider.

The Miss Geico racing team has invested over $20 mm creating a platform that combines power speed and technology. We are on race number twenty one on the current set of engines. 21 full throttle races and testing..2 years. And they are still running strong.

If you take Key west out of the equation from Unlimited to Cat light they are all 1-2 boat classes. certainly not enough momentum to justify a $500,000-$750,000 investment. That said ..what happens when/if we did put another boat into a competitive class? Recent offshore history shows that when you have a a well supported team that tests and is very competitive their competitors call them cheaters gang up on them and leave to race another org.

The problem with offshore is systemic, lack of repect for fellow racers, racing organizations,rules and financial instability. Not one boat pushing for a better mousetrap.

When a racing org decides to truly build and back a new class we will consider it. Give the current state f the economy I wouldnt expect anything soon. Don't confuse the picture because a couple of extra boats came out for a specific class in KW. Watch what happens next season when they have to race outside the spotlight of the Worlds. No shows, flip floppers ,trailer queens and keyboard hero's. Hey..How come no one is *****ing to the boats that are no shows???

Whats wrong Whats right. I like to look at our team as what's right for offshore. We are running very advanced technonlogy with formula one live telemetry being downloaded to shore, reliable engines and a really cool sound. We are a proffessional team pushing the limits with safety and performance. Look, We've been around the offshore course a time or two and have to deal with all the macho I'm a big bad boat racer/poker runner,I love the big water, listen to me roar crap. It's a load of BS by people that don't test don't use their brains and don't know what the fk they are truly doing on the race course or otherwise. There is a science to running/racing a boat fast. Have you ever noticed how smooth Miss G runs on a race course compared to other boats..do you think there is a reason for this?

Our crew is right there to help as soon as a competitor of any class needs help whether it be a flipped boat,parts ,expertise, set up, craning engines or advice. We are always there for our fellow racers. Yes, we are whats right for offshore. It's easy to bash the yellow boat because we test we practise we go out of our way to accomodate and take the high road when confronted by jealous racers, bullies (no pun intended), gossip, backstabbers and adversity.

We all love the sound of nasty big blocks but that will be a thing of the past very shortly. Have any of you heard the CMS or Gasse Merc 1350 boats? no.. because like it or not technology is moving forward and the boats will become quieter. We get three times as many people commenting on how much they love the sound than we do that don't and the kids love it.

Now that KW is over I'm going to release some information that we did as a test this year to see how competitive we would be in a lower HP class...We turned our motors down to aprox 1500 hp ...ALL SEASON. Any of you guys notice that we aren't running 180 + but 150's and 160 now? Huh.. Any of you notice how Cintron and CMS dusted Miss G in Wed race in KW? Or How Cintron rocked us for 9 laps in Clearwater and Michigan City. Maybe how WHM smoked us in Sarasota guess not. Are you really watching whats happening in offshore?

We had a great run with the Pistons on Wed but were pushed out of the big boat start by one boat. They even had a faster boat.. we told them we wanted to race..They opted for solo laps. Too bad because it was great racing action while it lasted for those that saw it...don't believe me..check the lap times are we really that different in speed? The answer is no. Those that are stirring this thread really don't follow offshore they are just looking for controversey and its easy to use someone who's trying to be better than the past.. the yellow boat.

Take out Turbines...No Way. We feel we are the future.

Why we didn't race on Sunday in KW.

3 of our our friends died and out of respect for their families ,the Miss GEICO stayed on the trailer. Many of our crew were upset and didn't feel they could perform at 100%. For our fans sorry if we let you down.

Regards

Miss GEICO

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 11-14-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Good post Marc!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Were back from KW and wanted to post our condolences to our friends lost and injured this weekend and found this thread. Here's a couple things to consider.

The Miss Geico racing team has invested over $20 mm creating a platform that combines power speed and technology. We are on race number twenty one on the current set of engines. 21 full throttle races and testing..2 years. And they are still running strong.

If you take Key west out of the equation from Unlimited to Cat light they are all 1-2 boat classes. certainly not enough momentum to justify a $500,000-$750,000 investment. That said ..what happens when/if we did put another boat into a competitive class? Recent offshore history shows that when you have a a well supported team that tests and is very competitive their competitors call them cheaters gang up on them and leave to race another org.

The problem with offshore is systemic, lack of repect for fellow racers, racing organizations,rules and financial instability. Not one boat pushing for a better mousetrap.

When a racing org decides to truly build and back a new class we will consider it. But don't confuse the picture because a couple of extra boats came out for a class in KW. Watch what happens next season when they have to race outside the spotlight of the Worlds. No shows, flip floppers ,trailer queens and keyboard hero's. Hey..How come no one is *****ing to the boats that are no shows???

Whats wrong Whats right. I like to look at our team as what's right for offshore. We are running very advanced technonlogy with formula one live telemetry being downloaded to shore, reliable engines and a really cool sound. We are a proffessional team pushing the limits with safety and performance. Look, We've been around the offshore course a time or two and have to deal all the macho I'm a big bad boat racer/poker runner. I love the big water, listen to me roar crap. It's a load of BS by people that don't test don't use their brains and don't know what the fk they are truly doing on the race course or otherwise. There is a science to running/racing a boat fast. Have you ever noticed how smooth Miss G runs on a race course compared to other boats..do you think there is a reason for this?

Our crew is right there to help as soon as a competitor of any class needs help whether it be a flipped boat,parts ,expertise, set up, craning engines or advice. We are always there for our fellow racers. Yes, we are whats right for offshore. It's easy to bash the yellow boat because we test we practise we go out of our way to accomodate and take the high road when confronted by jealous racers, bullies (no pun intended), gossip, backstabbers and adversity.

We all love the sound of nasty big blocks but that will be a thing of the past very shortly. Have any of you heard the CMS or Gasse Merc 1350 boats? no.. because like it or not technology is moving forward and the boats will become quieter. We get three times as many people commenting on how much they love the sound than we do that don't and the kids love it.

Now that KW is over I'm going to release some information that we did as a test this year to see how competitive we would be in a lower HP class...We turned our motors down to aprox 1500 hp ...ALL SEASON. Any of you guys notice that we aren't running 180 + but 150's and 160 now? Huh.. Any of you notice how Cintron and CMS dusted Miss G in Wed race in KW? Or How Cintron rocked us for 9 laps in Clearwater and Michigan City. Maybe how WHM smoked us in Sarasota guess not. Are you really watching whats happening in offshore?

We had a great run with the Pistons on Wed but were pushed out of the big boat start by one boat. They even had a faster boat.. we told them we wanted to race..They opted for solo laps. Too bad because it was great racing action while it lasted for those that saw it...don't believe me..check the lap times are we really that different in speed? The answer is no. Those that are stirring this thread really don't follow offshore they are just looking for controversey and its easy to use someone who's trying to be better than the past.. the yellow boat.

Take out Turbines...No Way. We feel we are the future like it or not.

3 of our our friends died and out of respect for the families of Miss GEICO stayed on the trailer. Many of our crew were upset and didn't feel they could perform at 100%. For our fans sorry if we let you down.

Regards

Miss GEICO
2 words...class act.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

We are on race number twenty one on the current set of engines. 21 full throttle races and testing..2 years. And they are still running strong.
Wow that's incredible.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

When a racing org decides to truly build and back a new class we will consider it. Give the current state f the economy I wouldnt expect anything soon. Don't confuse the picture because a couple of extra boats came out for a specific class in KW. Watch what happens next season when they have to race outside the spotlight of the Worlds. No shows, flip floppers ,trailer queens and keyboard hero's. Hey..How come no one is *****ing to the boats that are no shows???

Whats wrong Whats right. I like to look at our team as what's right for offshore. We are running very advanced technonlogy with formula one live telemetry being downloaded to shore, reliable engines and a really cool sound. We are a proffessional team pushing the limits with safety and performance. Look, We've been around the offshore course a time or two and have to deal all the macho I'm a big bad boat racer/poker runner. I love the big water, listen to me roar crap. It's a load of BS by people that don't test don't use their brains and don't know what the fk they are truly doing on the race course or otherwise. There is a science to running/racing a boat fast. Have you ever noticed how smooth Miss G runs on a race course compared to other boats..do you think there is a reason for this?

3 of our our friends died and out of respect for the families of Miss GEICO stayed on the trailer. Many of our crew were upset and didn't feel they could perform at 100%. For our fans sorry if we let you down.

Regards

Miss GEICO
Wow....that is really good post I ever read!!!! Thank you for pointing out the facts!!!!I did not know that CMS and Cintron beat you with speeds. I will print out Wed, Fri results and compare very closely so I can see your actual points! You did not let me down if you and your team were not up for Sunday race! Whatever you and your team's decision, I still support you 100%. Just do what you and your team think is best!!!

When I am done comparing, I will get back to you on that one.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Regards

Miss GEICO
High-class. Well said.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

Great Post Marc. Our biggest cost of racing with the 750 class was engines and we budgeted 300 g for 8-10 races with Sterling. When we ran our blower motors it was 40g per race. With today's economy that is why so many boats are parked. Has a race promoter taken the time to tell you guys what it means to have you in their race village with such few boats. I personally applaud you for what you have done for the sport and our communty .You are a class act.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered

Miss GEICO

C L A S S

Keep on going and don't mind/ Ignore the jealous "Hater's"

Look at Nascar's Jeff Gordon in his winning years and fans throwing chit/hating him when he won.

Look now at JJ 5-time incredible, undefeatable champion of all time. A very clean racer. Most keyboard idiots and alot of fans cannot stand him.

It's sickening to read the forums. Maybe it's the cool thing to gang up on the successful. I for one like to walk and respect with the successful and professional.

Thank you for all you've done in Offshore.

STAND TALL.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered

Great post Geico Boyz.

In a sport where historically (USA) racers do whatever they want. Why would anyone expect one of the most successful offshore race teams in the sports history (Geico) to change their proven formula!?? I would think more people would be using them as a benchmark!!! I guess the old saying of; "don't let the facts get in the way of a good story" would apply here.

Peace
Old 11-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Marc,

First, great post. I know some are jealous and think you guys don't deserve the respect you get. They are totally incorrect. You guys are a class act and are out looking for competition. As you said, when ther is no competition you dial it baclk so that you can race with the fleet.

I don't think most hate the turbines. I know for myself I would love to see you guys race against more teams. Sometimes, as in the turbine class, you just can't draw enough boats to the class. We saw the same thing back in the 80's in Superboat class.

Personally, I would lover to see some form of the old Open class come back with you guys leading the charge. With your teams knowledge, skill and competitive fire, you could really create a buzz and bring back the "race" to the highest class of offshore racing. I know that you would perform well regardless of how many boats are in your class, but fans of the sport would really enjoy seeing you race against 10, 15, even 20 boats in your own class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.