Notices

Geico take out turbines?

Old 11-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read something a while ago that said the unlimited hydros were going to do away with turbines for lack of parts & also that the fans wanted to listen to the big v-12s instead of the screaming of the turbines however that seemed to be about the same time turbines started being used in offshore boats like gieco & JBS, even the public market if ya got the dime
Old 11-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Boring... Need more loud azz blown big cube boats like Cat Can Do.
Boring... need more brain tickle to take off on gas turbine engineering and what it can do. By the way, four stroke explosion motors have the lowest power to weight ratio of all internal combustion engines. And thatīs what ultimately killed Bob and Jeff. But itīs far too early now to talk about this issue.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbofan
I have called you a pretender before, and I now feel confirmed in that judgement. And on top you make fun about those who do race.

You are not a racer. You are just a showman.

Maybe you better watch this and re-think you're statments.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jasonjbs#p/u/21/IQORF9BLfUI

http://www.youtube.com/user/jasonjbs#p/u/19/lt2Hxfg_0Hg
Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbofan
Boring... need more brain tickle to take off on gas turbine engineering and what it can do. By the way, four stroke explosion motors have the lowest power to weight ratio of all internal combustion engines. And thatīs what ultimately killed Bob and Jeff. But itīs far too early now to talk about this issue.
You missed my point. I'm well aware of the advantages. Would auto racing be the same if the cars were electric? No sound? Turbines... boring wirrrrrrrrr.......
Old 11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42

dude...LOL
Old 11-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe you better watch this and re-think you're statments.
I think the point being made is this. One boat running around in a "class" is not racing. While the occupants of the boat are getting a huge rush and risking bodily harm, it's sill not racing. Two boats in a "class" could be called "competing", but it's still not racing. Put a dozen boats or more together with a set of unified rules and then we are racing...and "winning" means something. Sponsors, media, fans and real racers would all benefit from this.

Last edited by FlyenBrian; 11-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
I think the point being made is this. One boat running around in a "class" is not racing. While the occupants of the boat are getting a huge rush and risking bodily harm, it's sill not racing. Two boats in a "class" could be called "competing", but it's still not racing. Put a dozen boats or more together with a set of unified rules and then we are racing...and "winning" means something. Sponsors, media, fans and real racers would all benefit from this.

EXACTLY
Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Wow!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:01 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

So logical .
Offshore racing needs a Bill France .
Old 11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That is the point i was trying to make, but i guess it went over some peoples head...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.